Lousma, Jack Robert
|born on||29 February 1936 at 08:38 (= 08:38 AM )|
|Place||Grand Rapids (Kent County), Michigan, 42n58, 85w40|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||09°49' 11°59 Asc. 12°46'|
American astronaut who spent 59 days in orbit between 7/28/1973 to 9/25/1973 as a member of the second Skylab space station crew. On 3/22/1982, he returned to space as the commander of the third test flight of the Space Shuttle Columbia.
Lousma graduated from Ann Arbor High School in Ann Arbor, Michigan and continued his studies at the University of Michigan where, in 1959, he received his Bachelor of Science degree in Aeronautical Engineering. He joined the U.S. Marines in 1959, and after receiving his wings one year later, he served as an attack and reconnaissance pilot with the 2nd Marine Air Wing. He earned his Master of Science from the U.S. Naval Postgraduate School in 1965.
In April 1966, NASA selected him for astronaut training. Lousma received many honors and awards for his military and astronaut service including the Department of Defense Distinguished Service Medal in 1982. He retired from the Marines with the rank of colonel and in 1983, he resigned from NASA. On 10/04/1997, he was inducted into the Astronaut Hall of Fame.
Lousma married Gratia Kay in 1956, and they have four children and six grandchildren. He is an avid golfer and enjoys hunting and fishing.
- associate relationship with Crippen, Robert L. (born 11 September 1937). Notes: Support crew member and astronaut of Skylab 3
- associate relationship with Garriott, Owen K. (born 22 November 1930). Notes: astronauts on Skylab 3
- compare to chart of Space: Skylab (space station) (born 14 May 1973). Notes: pilot of Skylab-3, the second manned mission to Skylab
- Relationship : Marriage 1956 (Gratia Kay)
- Social : End a program of study 1959 (Graduated from Univ. of Michigan)
- Social : Joined group 1959 (Marines)
- Social : Left group 1965 (Masters degree)
- Work : Prize 1982 (Dept. of Defense, Distinguished Service Medal)
- Work : Retired 1983 (From NASA)
Gauquelin Book of American Charts
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (From 1956)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Sports (Golf, hunting and fishing)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (Colonel, Marines)
- Vocation : Travel : Astronaut (Commander)
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame (Astronaut Hall of Fame)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Honors and awards)
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure (Astronaut)