|born on||20 June 1948 at 23:35 (= 11:35 PM )|
|Place||Edinburgh, Scotland, 55n57, 3w13|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||29°28' 22°31 Asc. 29°10'|
Scottish rock musician, bass player and one of the founding members, with his brother Derek, of the band, "Bay City Rollers." The original group formed while the brothers were still in school, performing at local gigs and approached by Tam Paton who recognized their talent and becomes their manager; choosing the group's name by sticking a pin in a map of the U.S. They signed to Bell Records in 1971, toured extensively throughout the UK, but received their highest popularity in Japan. Alan left the band in April 1976 and Derek left in June 1977 to become a nurse in Edinburgh. The remainder of the band dissolved around 1978. Tam Paton was sentenced to three years in prison in 1982 for gross indecency to teen boys. In 1990, varying band members reunited for an annual concert in Japan.
Alan suffered with depression, a drinking problem and a marriage that struggled from 1985 to 1990. In 1995 he suffered a heart attack and on 1 February 1997, he had a stroke brought on by a blood clot in the brain.
- business associate/partner relationship with Longmuir, Derek (born 19 March 1951)
- business associate/partner relationship with McKeown, Les (born 12 November 1955)
- business associate/partner relationship with Wood, Stuart "Woody" (born 25 February 1957)
- Work : New Job 1970 (Public debut af "Bay City Rollers")
- Work : Contracts, agreements 1971 (Signed to Bell Records)
- Relationship : Marriage 1985 (Marriage, five years, divorced)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1990 (Public concert in Japan)
- Health : Medical diagnosis 1995 (Heart attack)
- Health : Medical diagnosis 1 February 1997 (Stroke, blood clot in the brain)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Frank C. Clifford quotes Caroline Gerard from B.C., British Entertainers 1997.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Heart disease/attack (Attack)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Stroke (From brain blood clot)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Depression
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Brother played in the band also)
- Lifestyle : Work : Loss of job (Left band, age 28)
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work (International tours)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Musical group)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Extreme ups and downs (Unpaid royalties)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Bay City Rollers)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Bass player)
- Vocation : Misc. : Utilities/Phone/Cable/TV (Plumber)