|born on||26 September 1926 at 18:00 (= 6:00 PM )|
|Place||Santa Rosa CA, USA, 38n26, 122w43|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||03°12' 13°32 Asc. 03°58'|
American breathy blues singer and actress. In the 1950s, London had a string of five albums and the hit single, "Cry Me a River." She had a minor film career including "On Stage Everybody," 1945 and "Task Force" in 1949.
The daughter of vaudevillians who had a photography studio for their day-job, Julie made her singing radio debut at age three. The family moved to California where they sang on a local radio station. Julie hated school and dropped out when they moved to Los Angeles in 1941. She lied about her age to get work in a department store at 15. Agent Sue Carol spotted her and struck by her beauty, suggested that the girl come to her office. A screen test was arranged and over the next four years, Julie appeared in bit parts. Her roles were so minor that she kept her $19-a-week department store job.
In 1947 she married actor Jack Webb, another minor actor. When he struck it big with the "Dragnet" series three years later, she retired to play housewife and mother to two daughters. When they divorced in November 1953, she returned to the screen.
London met songwriter and jazz musician Bobby Troup in 1954 who helped her work on her sorely lacking self-confidence. She finally agreed to sing at a supper club and it became the scene of her first success. In short order she became a recording and movie star, cutting her first album in 1956, "Julie is Her Name." She specialized in blues and torch songs in a husky, sultry voice.
On 12/31/1959, London married Bobby Troup. They later co-starred in the TV series "Emergency."
In 1995 London suffered a stroke from which she never fully recovered and died on 10/19/2000, Encino, CA.
- spouse relationship with Webb, Jack (born 2 April 1920)
- Relationship : Marriage 1947 (Jack Webb)
- Death, Cause unspecified 18 October 2000 at 12:00 noon in Encino, CA (Age 74)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Health : Medical diagnosis 1995 (Stroke)
B.C. in hand from Robert Paige (Same in Contemporary American Horoscopes, Gauquelin Book of American Charts)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (Emergency, Task Force)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Traits : Personality : Personality vulnerable (Insecure, timid)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (Debut at three)
- Traits : Mind : Education limited (School dropout at 15)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Bobby Troup from 1959)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Stroke