|born on||10 September 1976 at 03:30 (= 03:30 AM )|
|Place||Florianópolis (Santa Catarina), Brazil, 27s3548, 48w3257|
|Timezone||BZT h3w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||17°40' 07°10 Asc. 24°46'|
Brazilian tennis champion who won the Roland Garros on 7/08/1997 and 6/11/2000. With his defeat of Sergi Bruguera, the talented right-hander, once accused of being too relaxed to be a "real" champion, became an overnight celebrity with fans around the world, changing his life forever. He was voted Brazil’s athlete of the year for 1997.
Kuerten, better known as "Guga," is the middle child of three boys born to Aldo and Alice Kuerten. He began playing tennis at the age of six, having become interested in the sport while watching his parents play at their club. Until he was 12, he played soccer and basketball as well but then turned his focus completely toward perfecting his tennis skills. His younger brother, Guilherme (born 11/03/1979), is paralyzed, mental and physically handicapped. His older brother, Rafael (born 10/28/1973), played tennis until he was 17 and now manages his brother’s career. Although his father died on 5/24/1985 at the age of 41, his mother and grandmother are heavily involved in Guga’s professional life and provide encouragement and support.
Completely unspoiled by his success and sudden fame, Guga says he finds it hard to talk about himself. Optimistic, cheerful and always wearing a big smile, he is quite a trickster, always playing jokes on his friends and family. He actively works to raise money and awareness for various social causes.
- Work : Prize 1997 (World champion tennis player)
- Work : Prize 1997 (Athlete of the Year Award)
Marcello Borges quotes Raul Varela from the Notary's office
- Traits : Body : Constitution hardy (Pro tennis player)
- Traits : Body : Handedness (Right)
- Traits : Personality : Humorous, Witty (Jokester)
- Traits : Personality : Optimist
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Age eight when dad died)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Second of three boys)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Younger brother handicapped)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist (Money and time to worthy causes)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Sports (Enjoys surfing)
- Vocation : Sports : Tennis (Pro and champion)
- Notable : Awards : Sports Championship (World and U.S. Open)