|Birthname||Sara M. Keenan|
|born on||10 March 1961 at 10:27 (= 10:27 AM )|
|Place||Brooklyn (Kings County), New York, 40n38, 73w56|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||19°50' 26°34 Asc. 18°11'|
American retired paralegal and intersex pioneer, who reportedly became the second person in the United States to legally change her sex to non-binary. The change was legalised on 26 September 2016 by the judge of a court in Santa Cruz, California. In December 2016, Keenan received a revised birth certificate with an 'Intersex' sex marker from New York City. Previously, Ohio issued a birth certificate with a sex marker of 'hermaphrodite' in 2012.
Keenan chooses to use female pronouns. She was born intersex, with a condition known as Swyer Syndrome, or XY gonadal dysgenesis, a type of hypogonadism in a person whose karyotype is 46,XY. Typically she was externally female with streak gonads, which, if left untreated, would prevent the experience of puberty. Such gonads are typically surgically removed (as they have a significant risk of developing tumours) and a typical medical treatment would include hormone replacement therapy.
Keenan was diagnosed with Swyer's in adolescence and underwent the typical surgery. Having identified as female since birth, Keenan found out in her late forties from an endocrinologist that she was born intersex.
- compare to chart of May-Welby, Norrie (born 23 May 1961)
- Social : Great Publicity 26 September 2016 (First Californian resident legally recognised as intersex)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Ashish Seth sent a link to the birth certificate , copy now in the Astrodienst files.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Other Major diseases (Swyer syndrome)
- Passions : Sexuality : Sex Organs (Born intersex)
- Personal : Birth : Unusual circumstances (Intersex)
- Vocation : Law : Legal system employee (Paralegal)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social (Intersex rights)
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure