Karl Bernhard, Prince of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach
|born on||30 May 1792 at 10:00 (= 10:00 AM )|
|Place||Weimar/Thüringen, Germany, 50n59, 11e19|
|Timezone||LMT m11e19 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||09°32' 24°55 Asc. 23°40'|
German royalty and a distinguished soldier, who, in 1815, after the congress of Vienna, became colonel of a regiment in the service of the king of the Netherlands. He fought at the Battle of Quatre Bras and the Battle of Waterloo where he commanded the 2nd Brigade of the 2nd Dutch Division and became a Chief Commander of the Royal Netherlands East Indies Army.
Prince Bernhard was the seventh child of Charles Augustus, Grand Duke of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach. He married Princess Ida of Saxe-Meiningen, daughter of Georg I, Duke of Saxe-Meiningen, on 30 May 1816 in Meiningen. They had two children.
Bernhard died on 21 July 1862.
- parent->child relationship with Amalia, Princess of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach (born 20 May 1830)
- parent->child relationship with Edward, Prince of Saxe-Weimar (born 11 October 1823)
- child->parent relationship with Karl August, Grand Duke of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach (born 3 September 1757)
- spouse relationship with Ida, Princess of Saxe-Meiningen (born 25 June 1794). Notes: 1816-1852
- sibling relationship with Karl Friedrich, Grand Duke of Sachsen-Weimar-Eisen (born 2 February 1783)
- sibling relationship with Karoline Luise, Princess of Saxe-Weimar (born 18 July 1786)
Sy Scholfield quotes "Topographisch-historische Beschreibung der Stadt Eisenach, so wie der sie umgebenden Berge und Lustschlösser, insbesondere der Wartburg und Wilhelmsthal: nebst Regenten-Geschichte : Mit 11 Steindrucktaf" by Johann Wilhelm Storch (Bärecke, 1837), p. 557: "Ein Prinz, Bernhard, geboren den 30. Mai 1792, früh 10 Uhr." [Translation: A Prince, Bernhard, born 30 May 1792, in the morning at 10 o'clock.]
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach)