João VI, King of Portugal
|Birthname||João Maria José Francisco Xavier|
|born on||13 May 1767 at 12:05 (= 12:05 PM )|
|Place||Lisbon, Portugal, 38n43, 9w08|
|Timezone||LMT m9w08 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||22°26' 18°34 Asc. 29°39'|
Portuguese royalty, the King of the United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and the Algarves, acknowledged as the titular Emperor of the newly independent Brazil on 15 November 1825, four months before his death, even though his son Pedro I had been de facto Emperor since 1822.
He married the 10-year-old Carlota Joaquina of Spain on 8 May 1785 and the marriage was consummated on 5 April 1790 when she was aged 14 and he was 22. The couple eventually had 9 children.
João VI died, possibly of poisoning, in Lisbon, Portugal at 5:00 AM on 10 March 1826.
- parent->child relationship with Ana de Jesus Maria, Infanta of Portugal (born 23 October 1806)
- parent->child relationship with Francisco Antonio, Prince of Beira (born 21 March 1795)
- parent->child relationship with Isabel Maria, Infanta of Portugal (born 4 July 1801)
- parent->child relationship with Maria da Assunção, Infanta of Portugal (born 25 June 1805)
- parent->child relationship with Maria Francisca, Countess of Molina (born 22 April 1800)
- parent->child relationship with Maria Isabel, Queen Consort of Spain (born 19 May 1797)
- parent->child relationship with Maria Teresa, Infanta of Portugal (born 29 April 1793)
- parent->child relationship with Miguel I, King of Portugal (born 26 October 1802)
- parent->child relationship with Pedro I, Emperor of Brazil (born 12 October 1798)
- child->parent relationship with Maria I, Queen of Portugal (born 17 December 1734)
- child->parent relationship with Pedro III, King of Portugal (born 5 July 1717)
- spouse relationship with Carlota Joaquina of Spain (born 25 April 1775). Notes: 1785-1826
- sibling relationship with José, Prince of Brazil (born 21 August 1761)
- sibling relationship with Mariana Vitória, Infanta of Portugal (born 15 December 1768)
- Death, Mysterious 10 March 1826 at 05:00 AM in Lisbon (Possibly arsenic poisoning, age 58)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Originally this entry had 13 May 1769 at 12:30 PM, quoting Troinsky in Astrological Quarterly, "Old newspapers in the Berlin State Library."
On 17 April 2017 Sy Scholfield changed the year to 1767 and the birth time to 12:05pm, having forwarded news report from "Leydse courant," 15 June 1767, p. 1: "LISBON den 25 Mey. De Prins, van welken de PRINCES van Brazilien den 13 dezer kort na den middag tot groote Blydfchap van des Konings gezaamentlyke Onderdaanen in het Kraambedde is bevallen, is gifter in regenwoordigheid van den Koning en de Koningin in het Paleis van N. S.d'Ajuda gedoopt en genaamd Juan- Maria- Jofeph- Louis- Francifco- Xavier de Paula-Dominica..."
(LISBON, 25 May. The PRINCESS of Brazil on the 13th shortly after noon to the great joy of the King gave birth to a Prince, whom yesterday at the Palace was baptized Juan Maria Joseph Louis Francisco Xavier de Paula Dominica ...).
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (30 years)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Nine)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Braganza, Portugal)