Johann von Brandenburg-Ansbach-Kulmbach
|born on||9 January 1493 Jul.Cal. (18 Jan 1493 greg.) at 02:00 (= 02:00 AM )|
|Place||Kulmbach, Germany, 50n06, 11e27|
|Timezone||LMT m11e27 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||28°21' 06°39 Asc. 11°04'|
German royalty, the second husband of Germaine de Foix and viceroy of Valencia from 1523 until his death in 1525.
He was a son of Frederick I, Margrave of Brandenburg-Ansbach and his wife Sophia of Poland.
He married on June 17, 1519 with Germaine de Foix (1490–1538), second wife and widow of King Ferdinand II of Aragon. In 1523 the couple was appointed Viceroys of Valencia by King Ferdinand's grandson Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor.
The marriage remained childless. After his death Germaine of Foix remarried Ferdinand of Aragón, Duke of Calabria.
Johann of Brandenburg-Ansbach became in 1516 a knight in the Order of the Golden Fleece. He died in Valencia on July 5, 1525.
- child->parent relationship with Friedrich I, Margrave of Brandenburg-Ansbach (born 2 May 1640 Jul.Cal. (12 May 1640 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Albert of Prussia (born 17 May 1490 Jul.Cal. (26 May 1490 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Anna von Brandenburg-Ansbach-Kulmbach (born 5 May 1487 Jul.Cal. (14 May 1487 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Barbara von Brandenburg-Ansbach-Kulmbach (born 24 September 1495 Jul.Cal. (3 Oct 1495 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Elisabeth von Brandenburg-Ansbach-Kulmbach (born 26 March 1494 Jul.Cal. (4 Apr 1494 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Georg der Fromme (born 4 March 1484 Jul.Cal. (13 Mar 1484 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Kasimir von Brandenburg-Kulmbach (born 27 September 1481 Jul.Cal. (6 Oct 1481 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Sophie von Brandenburg-Ansbach-Kulmbach (born 10 March 1485 Jul.Cal. (19 Mar 1485 greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes the chronicle of events in "Allgemeine preussische staats-geschichte, samt aller dazu gehörigen königreichs, churfürstenthums, herzogthümer, fürstenthümer, graf- und herrschaften, aus bewährten schriftstellern und urkunden bis auf gegenwärtige regierung," Volumes 3-4, by Karl Friedrich Pauli (C. P. Francken, 1762), p. 428: "Johann, geboren 1493 auf Plassenburg den 9ten Jan. um 2 Uhr Vormittag." [born at Plassenburg (castle in Kulmbach) at 2 o'clock in the morning].
- Notable : Famous : Royal family