Jobert de Lamballe, Antoine Joseph
|Birthname||Antoine Joseph Jobert|
|born on||17 December 1799 at 13:00 (= 1:00 PM )|
|Place||Matignon, France, 48n36, 2w18|
|Timezone||LMT m2w18 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||25°42' 25°54 Asc. 23°21'|
French surgeon, a brilliant and resourceful operator, best known for his masterly use of autoplastie, the repair of diseased parts by healthy neighbouring tissue, and especially for the operation which he styled élitroplastie, an autoplastic cure of vaginal fistula.
He studied medicine at Paris, and in 1830 became surgeon at the Hôpital Saint-Louis. He was elected to the Academy of Medicine in 1840 and to the Academy of Sciences in 1856.
He died on 19 April 1867, aged 67, in Passy.
Sy Scholfield submitted birth certificate from the online Côtes-d'Armor archives: born 26 Frimaire of Year VIII of the Republic, or 17 December 1799 in the Gregorian calendar.
Grazia Bordoni's Science database quotes Gauquelin for same data but year of 1802 which is a miscalculation.
- Vocation : Medical : Surgeon
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Medical)
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator ("Jobert's fossa")
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator ("Jobert's operation")
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator ("Jobert's suture")