Joao III, King of Portugal
|born on||6 June 1502 Jul.Cal. (16 June 1502 greg.) at 01:55 (= 01:55 AM )|
|Place||Lisbon, Portugal, 38n43, 9w08|
|Timezone||LMT m9w08 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||23°41' 07°34 Asc. 05°19'|
Portuguese royalty known as John the Pious, the successor of Manuel I. His mother was Catherine, the sister of Charles V of Spain who in turn married John's sister, Isabella. During John's long reign, Portugal developed its sea power in the Indian ocean and occupied the coast of Brazil. John III instituted one of the blackest periods in the history of mankind, the dreaded Inquisition, in 1536, alongside of the Society of Jesus.
His heir, Prince John, died in 1554 and he was succeeded by his three-year-old grandson Sebastian when he died in 1557.
- child->parent relationship with Manuel I, King of Portugal (born 1 June 1469 Jul.Cal. (10 June 1469 greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Maria of Aragon, Queen Consort of Portugal (born 29 June 1482 Jul.Cal. (8 July 1482 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Fernando of Portugal, Duke of Guarda and Trancoso (born 5 June 1507 Jul.Cal. (15 June 1507 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Henrique, King of Portugal (born 31 January 1512 Jul.Cal. (10 Feb 1512 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Isabel of Portugal, Holy Roman Empress (born 25 October 1503 Jul.Cal. (4 Nov 1503 greg.))
- Work : Begin Major Project 1536 (Inquisition)
- Death of Child 1554 (Prince John)
- Death, Cause unspecified 11 June 1557 Jul.Cal. (21 June 1557 greg.) (Age 55)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Martin Harvey quotes historical records (June 6, 1502 OS, 00:15 LAT)
(Felipe Ferreira quotes Mario Saa, idem, 00:15 AM)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One son)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Portugal)