|Birthname||Henrik Johan Ibsen|
|born on||20 March 1828|
|Place||Skien, Norway, 59n12, 9e36|
|Timezone||LMT m9e36 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||or or|
Norwegian playwright, theatre director, and poet, often referred to as "the father of realism." One of the founders of Modernism in theatre, he received world-wide attention for "A Doll's House" and "Ghosts" in 1879. His depth was portrayed in "Hedda Gabler," 1890. He is the most frequently performed dramatist in the world after Shakespeare, and by the early 20th century "A Doll's House" became the world's most performed play.
He influenced other playwrights and novelists such as George Bernard Shaw, Oscar Wilde, Arthur Miller, James Joyce, Eugene O'Neill, and Miroslav Krleža. Ibsen was nominated for the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1902, 1903, and 1904.
Ibsen married Suzannah Daae Thoresen in June 1858. Their only child, Sigurd Ibsen, was born in December 1859. Sigurd Ibsen, a Norwegian author and politician, married Bergliot Bjørnson, the daughter of Norwegian writer Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson.
At 2:30pm on 23 May 1906, Henrik Ibsen died in his home at Kristiania (now Oslo) following a stroke the night before. He was 78.
- compare to chart of Demenga, Gertrud (born 18 May 1918)
- compare to chart of Shakespeare, William (born 23 April 1564 Jul.Cal. (3 May 1564 greg.))
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1879 ("A Doll's House," "Ghosts")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1890 ("Hedda Gabler")
- Death by Disease 23 May 1906 at 2:30 PM in Christiania (Following strokes, age 78)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Lyndoe in AA, 4/1967, speculated for 2.45 pm. PC speculated for 2:00 PM. Joseph speculated for 6:19 AM (Lyndoe writes that the baptismal certificate has no time, AA, 9/1979)
Starkman rectified to 13.47.56 LMT
Sy Scholfield quotes time of death from The New York Times Book of the Dead: Obituaries of Extraordinary People by William McDonald (Hachette UK, 2016): "May 23, 1906. Christiana--Henrik Ibsen ... died peacefully at 2:30 o'clock this afternoon."
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (47 years)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One son)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Stroke)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director (Theatre)
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script (Dramatist)
- Vocation : Writers : Poet
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book