|Birthname||John Vincent Hurt|
|born on||22 January 1940 at 17:30 (= 5:30 PM )|
|Place||Shirebrook, England, 53n12, 1w13|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||01°34' 01°08 Asc. 13°30'|
British actor whose TV roles as the celebrated homosexual, Quentin Crisp, in "The Naked Civil Servant" and Caligula in "I, Claudius," are widely acclaimed. He received an Oscar nomination for his 1980 performance in "The Elephant Man," and performed masterfully in the 1979 classic "The Alien." Hurt's on-screen debut came in 1962 when he was cast in the film "The Wild and the Willing." From this film on, he moved steadily into stardom.
He grew up in England, the son of an Anglican clergyman.
Hurt was widowed after being married for 16 years when his wife Marie Lise was killed in an accident. He remarried in 1984, too soon and briefly, then again in 1990. He and his third wife announced on 4 May 1995 that they were separating after five years of marriage and two sons. He left their mansion in Ireland as the press reported that she was having an affair with the gardener.
The British actor married for the fourth time—this time to Anwen Rees-Myers on 11 February 2005 in London.
Hurt died at his home in Cromer, Norfolk on 27 January 2017, aged 77.
- associate relationship with Entertainment: Alien (born 25 May 1979). Notes: Played Kane
- associate relationship with Entertainment: Doctor Who (born 23 November 1963). Notes: Played the War Doctor, 2013
- role played of/by Crisp, Quentin (born 25 December 1908)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1962 ("The Wild and the Willing")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1979 ("The Alien")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1980 ("The Elephant Man")
- Relationship : End significant relationship 4 May 1995 (Announced separation from third wife)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Relationship : Marriage 11 February 2005 (Fourth marriage, to Anwn Rees-Myers, in London)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
David Fisher quotes Charlotte Pilcher of Hurt's management company
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Liver/Pancreas/Spleen (Pancreas)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (First marriage 16 years)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs (Second marriage brief)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Four)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Extramarital affairs (Wife had affair)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two sons)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality