|Birthname||Marcia Elaine Hines|
|born on||20 July 1953 at 09:44 (= 09:44 AM )|
|Place||Boston, Massachusetts, 42n22, 71w04|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||27°32' 13°01 Asc. 16°43'|
American-Australian vocalist, actress and TV personality, who made her debut in 1970, at age 16, in the Australian production of the stage musical Hair. In 1973, she joined the cast of Jesus Christ Superstar, becoming the first black actress-singer in the world to play Mary Magdalene.
Hines achieved her greatest commercial successes as a recording artist during the late 1970s with several hit singles, including cover versions of "Fire and Rain", "I Just Don't Know What to Do with Myself", "You" and "Something's Missing (In My Life)"; and her Top Ten albums Marcia Shines, Shining and Ladies and Gentlemen. Hines was voted "Queen of Pop" by TV Week's readers for three consecutive years from 1976. Her albums have sold close to a million copies and Hines was the first Australian female performer to attain a Platinum record.
Hines stopped recording in the early 1980s until she returned with Right Here and Now in 1994, the same year she became an Australian citizen. She was the subject of the 2001 biography Diva: the life of Marcia Hines which coincided with the release of the compilation album Diva. Since 2003 she has been a judge on Australian Idol, and her elevated profile led to a renewed interest in her as a performer. Her 2006 album, Discotheque, peaked at number 6 on the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) albums chart. Hines was inducted into the ARIA Hall of Fame on 18 July 2007.
Hines is the mother of pop singer Deni Hines, with whom she performed on the duet single "Stomp!" (2006).
Marcia Hines is one of the most successful female performer-recording artists in the history of Australian music.
- associate relationship with Sharman, Jim (born 12 March 1945)
- associate relationship with Young, John Paul (born 21 June 1950). Notes: Co-stars in "Jesus Christ Superstar," 1973-1974
- business associate/partner relationship with Little, Jeanne (born 11 May 1938)
- business associate/partner relationship with Miller, Harry M. (born 6 January 1934). Notes: Discovered her talents and acted as her legal guardian
- parent->child relationship with Hines, Deni (born 4 September 1970)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 4 September 1970 (Birth of daughter, Deni)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Prize 1976 ("Queen of Pop")
- Health : Medical diagnosis 1986 (Type 1 diabetes)
Sy Scholfield requested data from PT who quoted birth certificate. Previously Scholfield quoted from the biography, Diva: The Life of Marcia Hines (Pan Macmillan, 2001), for date and place (no time given), the daughter of Esmerelda and Eugene Hines. Her elder brother by about two years is Dwight Hines.
- Traits : Body : Race (Black)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Asthma
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Diabetes/ Hypoglycemia
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Four)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Musicals)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (The Marcia Hines Band)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award ("Queen of Pop," 1976-1978)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession