|Birthname||Heron, James Michael|
|born on||27 December 1942 at 17:30 (= 5:30 PM )|
|Place||Edinburgh, Scotland, 55n57, 3w13|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||05°18' 00°10 Asc. 16°10'|
Scottish musician, a singer, guitarist, pan flutist and member of "The Incredible String Band." He co-formed the band with Robin Williamson in Glasgow, 1965. Heron also plays the sitar. Like Williamson, he was a Scientologist during some years, but later distanced himself.
- business associate/partner relationship with Williamson, Robin (born 24 November 1943)
- Social : Joined group 1965 ("The Incredible String Band")
Paul Wright collection, had B.C. 8 Dec 1941,10:35 PM GWT in Glasgow. This was most likely for another Michael Heron.
In June 2017, Robert Pendleton writes per email: "Mike Heron reports his own birthday in The Incredible String Band Songbook as the following year. He also mentions in his recent autobiography You Know What You Could Be (2017) that his father was a schoolteacher. This is corroborated by Heron's birth certificate. ... James Michael Heron (Heron's given name) was born 27th December 1942. 17:30 (16:30 UT). "
Sadly, the photocopy of a book page sent by Pendleton is unreadable. He also quotes Caroline Gerard, who has seen the birth certificates, with the words "James Michael Heron was born at 5.30pm on 27 December 1942 in Edinburgh. The birth was registered by his father on 30th December.The entry states that his father was a schoolteacher. (The father in the 1941 Glasgow entry was an engineer.)"
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Cult follower (Scientologist)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (The Incredible String Band)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Guitar, panflutist and sitar)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.