|Birthname||Nigel Allan Havers|
|born on||6 November 1951 at 03:00 (= 03:00 AM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||12°53' 10°44 Asc. 29°33'|
British actor who shot to prominence in England as the killer in the TV series "The Charmer." Havers has also made numerous recordings of books for the blind.
Nigel Havers is the son of the late Lord Havers, former Lord Chancellor and Attorney General. He trained at the Arts Educational Trust in London and his early stage appearances included Richard II and Edward II for Prospect Theatre Productions.
Havers’ television and film career began in the 1970s when he appeared in the television series "Upstairs Downstairs." In 1978 he starred in the adaptation of such series as "Winston Churchill: The Wilderness Years;" "Nancy Astor" and the highly successful "Don't Wait Up." Other series followed, including the TV mini-series "The Charmer" in 1987 for which he won The TV Times Actor of the Year award.
In 1995 he appeared in "The Elizabeth Taylor Story" and "The Glass Virgin" and in 1997 he was seen in "The Heart Surgeon." His films include "Chariots of Fire,"1981" and "A Passage to India," 1984. Havers returned to British TV as Dr Jonathan Paige in the highly successful BBC series "Dangerfield," 1998. When asked, "Have you got any tips for the next Nigel Havers?" He replied, "You've got to stick at it. There are going to be times when you feel like giving it up, but don't. It's like Formula 1 drivers say, when there's a crash, most of them take their foot off the pedal, but the ones who want to win hit the accelerator even harder. People will fall by the wayside and that's when you'll get your chance."
Havers was married to his first wife, Carolyn, from 1975 until 1/26/1989; one daughter, Kate, born in 1977. He married Polly Bloomfield, the sister of actor Simon Williams, in 1992 and they live in London. His hobbies are golf, sports (especially running) and reading.
- Relationship : Marriage 1975 (Carolyn)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1977 (Birth of daughter Kate)
- Work : Gain social status 1978 (Appeared in a few TV series)
- Work : Gain social status 1981 (Movie debut)
- Work : Prize 1987 (TV Times Actor of the Year Award)
- Relationship : Marriage 1992 (Polly Bloomfield)
David Fisher quotes Havers' mom by a postcard
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Dad Attorney General)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Hobbies, games (Reading)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Sports (Golf)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star ("The Charmer")
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over (Books on tape for the blind)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (TV Times Actor of the Year)