Guillaume, Prince of Luxembourg
|Birthname||Guillaume Marie Louis Christian|
|born on||1 May 1963 at 18:44 (= 6:44 PM )|
|Place||Berg, Luxembourg, 49n49, 6e05|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||10°38' 23°33 Asc. 29°26'|
Luxembourgian prince as the third son and youngest child of Grand Duke Jean and Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte of Luxembourg.
Prince Guillaume was born in Betzdorf Castle while his father and grandmother (Charlotte, Grand Duchess of Luxembourg) were visiting Washington, DC, USA. He attended secondary school in Luxembourg and Switzerland, and received his baccalureate in Grenoble in 1982. He continued his studies at the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom, and later at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C., where he graduated in 1987. Guillaume was presented the degree Doctor of Humane Letters, honoris causa, at Sacred Heart University’s Academic Convocation and Induction of the Class of 2011 on 10 September 2007.
Guillaume worked for six months at the International Monetary Fund in Washington, and spent two years working for the Commission of the European Communities in Brussels. He is currently a director of ArcelorMittal.
Prince Guillaume married Sibilla Sandra Weiller, a daughter of Paul-Annik Weiller and of the Italian princess Donna Olimpia Torlonia di Civitella-Cesi (daughter of the Spanish Infanta Beatriz of Spain) civilly on 8 September 1994 and religiously in Versailles on 24 September 1994, who received the title "Princess of Luxembourg". Guillaume and Sibilla have four children.
- parent->child relationship with Jean, Prince of Nassau (Lux.) (born 14 July 2004)
- child->parent relationship with Jean, Grand Duke of Luxembourg (born 5 January 1921)
- child->parent relationship with Joséphine Charlotte, Princess of Belgium (born 11 October 1927)
- sibling relationship with Henri, Grand Duke of Luxembourg (born 16 April 1955)
- sibling relationship with Jean, Prince of Luxembourg (born 15 May 1957)
- sibling relationship with Margaretha, Princess of Liechtenstein (born 15 May 1957)
- sibling relationship with Marie Astrid, Archduchess of Austria (born 17 February 1954)
- other kin relationship with Charlotte, Grand Duchess of Luxembourg (born 23 January 1896). Notes: Grandkin
Sy Scholfield quotes official royal news in "Publication du communiqué conjoint à Washington et à Luxembourg," Bulletin de documentation by GRAND-DUCHÉ DE LUXEMBOURG, MINISTÈRE D'ÉTAT, 6 May 1963, No. 8, p. 9: "1er Mai ... A 16 heures, Leurs Altesses Royales Madame la Grande-Duchesse et Monseigneur le Grand-Duc héritier se rendirent à la Maison Blanche auprès du Président Kennedy pour faire Leur visite d'adieu. Cette visite avait été dominée par un événement heureux que la Souveraine et le Grand-Duc héritier annoncèrent au moment de Leur arrivée à la Maison Blanche. En effet, à Luxembourg, S.A.R. Madame la Grande-Duchesse héritière venait de donner le jour à un petit Prince, à 18 heures 44, heure luxembourgeoise." .
The event was covered in a New York Times news report, "ROYAL VISIT ENDS ON A PROUD NOTE: Kennedy Felicitates Jean of Luxembourg on 5th Child," New York Times, 2 May 1963, p. 15: "Jean had received word of the birth of his fifth child, a boy, by trans-Atlantic telephone minutes before he and his mother crossed the street from Blair House to call on the President."
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Nassau-Weilburg, Luxembourg)