|born on||3 December 1930 at 02:00 (= 02:00 AM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||10°11' 03°58 Asc. 09°50'|
French film director, screenwriter, critic and producer, who has also worked as an actor. He is most noted for his film, "Breathless," 1959, starred Jean-Paul Belmondo as a young hoodlum undone by his love for an American girl, played by Jean Seberg. This film is credited with influencing a generation of film makers. His films include "A Woman is a Woman," 1961, "A Married Woman," 1965 and "One Plus One," 1969. His body of work includes 100 television and feature films.
The son of a Red Cross doctor in Paris, Godard prefers living in Switzerland, though he is French to the core. A small, thin man with wiry hair and horn-rimmed glasses, he is a man without pretensions and one who loves his work. Living in an apartment in a small village, he takes his meals alone or with his longtime girlfriend, the director Anne-Marie Mieville, at the local hotel. A treasured icon in France, he became something of a relic in the '90s. His "Helas pour Moi" (Unfortunately for Me), was a complete flop in 1994. He finds film making exhausting as he is so totally immersed in his project that his critics say, "It's not cinema anymore, it's Godard. His films are part of him."
- associate relationship with Buache, Freddy (born 29 December 1924)
- associate relationship with Truffaut, François (born 6 February 1932)
- business associate/partner relationship with Coutard, Raoul (born 16 September 1924)
- has other family relationship with Monod, Théodore (born 9 April 1902)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1959 (Film "Breathless" released)
Didier Geslain archive, 'Cinema Realisateurs' pdf file, p. 116.
Same from Steinbrecher quotes Paddy de Jabrun for B.C.
- Family : Relationship : Cohabitation more than 3 yrs (Has a long-term girlfriend)
- Lifestyle : Work : Loves job
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Lives in Switzerland)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Over 100 TV and feature films)
- Vocation : Writers : Critic (Film critic)
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script (Screenwriter)