|Birthname||Joseph Maria Garibaldi|
|born on||4 July 1807 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Nice, France, 43n42, 7e15|
|Timezone||LMT m7e15 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||11°15' 23°05 Asc. 29°45'|
Italian military leader, born in France, who was instrumental in winning the freedom of Italy.
The son of a poor fisherman, he had little education and worked as a sailor for years. He was condemned to death in 1834 for the schemes of Mazzini but escaped and went to South America. While there he became a soldier and a leader, and married his first wife.
In 1848 he returned to Italy to fight against the Austrians, supporting Mazzini's republic. He entered a disastrous period when his battles were lost and his wife died. He fled to the U.S.
For several years Garibaldi commanded a merchant vessel. He returned to Italy in military and political combat, spending time in prison when he was overcome.
In January 1875, he took a seat in the Italian Parliament. Garibaldi spent his latter life living quietly on Caprera, his own island. He married his second wife in 1860, then a third wife. He wrote several mediocre novels and an autobiography in 1887.
Garibaldi died on 2 June 1882, 6:22 PM, Caprera, Italy.
- associate relationship with Meucci, Antonio (born 13 April 1808)
- friend relationship with Cavour, Camillo (born 10 August 1810)
- spouse relationship with Garibaldi, Anita (born 30 August 1821)
- (has as) boss relationship with Vittorio Emanuele II, King of Italy (born 14 March 1820)
Arthur Blackwell quotes Choisnard, B.C.
Sy Scholfield cites same data from birth record (p. 5) plus death data from official record quoted in Giuseppe Garibaldi: biografia critica by Mino Milani (Mursia, 1982), p. 522: "Avanti a me, Bargone cavaliere Leonardo, Sindaco ufficiale dello stato civile del Comune di Maddalena, comparsi il ... a Torino, mi hanno dichiarato che alle 6 pomeridiane e minuti 22 del 2 corrente, nella casa posta in Caprera è morto."
- Traits : Mind : Education limited (Little education)
- Family : Childhood : Disadvantaged (Son of a poor fisherman)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Vocation : Military : Military career
- Vocation : Politics : Public office
- Vocation : Travel : Crew/ Ship, Train, Bus (Sailor)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction (Three mediocre novels)
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure (Italian military leader)