|Birthname||William Harrison Frist|
|born on||22 February 1952|
|Place||Nashville, Tennessee, 36n10, 86w47|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||03°04' or|
American politician and physician first elected to the US Senate on November 8, 1994. Elected to a second term on November 7, 2000, he became the majority leader on December 23, 2002. He is known to be conservative in his political and social views.
The son of a physician, Frist followed in his father's footsteps when making his first career choice. He is a board-certified physician with a specialty and board certification in general surgery and heart surgery. In 1985, he joined the faculty at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. There he established and later directed the Vanderbilt Transplant Center. He himself has performed a number of heart and lung transplants and has served as Assistant Professor at Vanderbilt University Medical School.
In 1989 he wrote "Transplant: A Heart Surgeon's Account of the Life-and-Death Dramas of the New Medicine"
In 2002, following the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, he published "When Every Moment Counts: What You Need to Know About Bioterrorism from the Senate’s Only Doctor."
Known to be intelligent, he graduated in 1974 from Princeton University with a specialty in health care policy at the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs. He immediately went on to Harvard Medical School from which he graduated with honors in 1978.
A millionaire, he owns large quantities of stock in Hospital Corporation of America, a publicly-held, for-profit hospital management company founded by his father and brother. He and his wife Karyn married in 1982; they have three sons. Tall and thin, he is athletic with a commercial pilot's license and several marathons to his credit.
- Relationship : Marriage 1982 (to Karyn)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1989 ("Transplant")
- Work : New Career 1994 (public office--US Senate)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2002 ("When Every Moment Counts")
PT quotes birth record/time not recorded.
- Traits : Body : Aerobic exercise (Marathons)
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive
- Traits : Personality : Ambitious
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (since 1982)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three sons)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Western (Presbyterian)
- Vocation : Medical : Physician
- Vocation : Medical : Surgeon
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (Senator)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (health-related)