Friedrich Wilhelm, Duke of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel
|born on||9 October 1771 at 10:30 (= 10:30 AM )|
|Place||Brunswick, Germany, 52n16, 10e31|
|Timezone||LMT m10e31 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||15°53' 00°43 Asc. 29°23'|
German prince and Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg and Oels. Nicknamed "The Black Duke", he was a military officer who led the Black Brunswickers against French domination in Germany. He briefly ruled the state of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel from 1806 to 1807 and again from 1813 to 1815.
On 1 November 1802, in Karlsruhe, Frederick William married Princess Marie Elisabeth of Baden (7 September 1782 Karlsruhe – 20 April 1808 Bruchsal), daughter of Charles Louis, Hereditary Prince of Baden. The couple had three children before Marie died of puerperal fever four days after giving birth to a stillborn daughter.
He was killed by a gunshot at the Battle of Quatre Bras on 16 June 1815.
- parent->child relationship with Karl II, Duke of Brunswick (born 30 October 1804)
- child->parent relationship with Augusta, Princess of Great Britain (born 31 July 1737 Jul.Cal. (11 Aug 1737 greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Karl Wilhelm, Duke of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (born 9 October 1735)
- sibling relationship with August, Prince of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (born 18 August 1770)
- sibling relationship with Caroline, Queen Consort of the United Kingdom (born 17 May 1768)
- sibling relationship with Karl, Hereditary Prince of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (born 8 February 1766)
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Der Schwarze Herzog: Friedrich Wilhelm von Braunschweig-Oels – Eine Biographie" by Christopher Schulze (Diplomica, 2014), p. 11: "Man war am 09. Oktober 1771 im Braunschweiger Residenzschloss . . . Friedrich Wilhelm wurde an diesem Vormittag zwischen zehn und elf Uhr als der vierte Sohn von Erbprinz Karl Wilhelm Ferdinand und dessen Gemahlin der Prinzessin Auguste von Hannover geboren."
Abridged translation: 'On 9 October 1771 at Brunswick . . . Friedrich Wilhelm was born on this morning between ten and eleven o'clock as the fourth son of Prince Karl Wilhelm Ferdinand and his wife the Princess Auguste of Hanover.'
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Vocation : Military : Military career (Military officer)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Brunswick-Bevern)