Friederike, Queen Consort of Greece
|Birthname||Friederike Luise Thyra Victoria ....|
|born on||18 April 1917 at 01:30 (= 01:30 AM )|
|Place||Blankenburg, Germany, 51n48, 10e58|
|Timezone||MEDT h2e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||27°22' 09°05 Asc. 26°00'|
Princess of Hanover by birth and Queen consort of the Hellenes as the wife of King Paul of Greece.
She was the only daughter of Ernst August, then reigning Duke of Brunswick, and his wife Princess Viktoria Luise of Prussia, herself the only daughter of the German Emperor Wilhelm II. Both her father and maternal grandfather would abdicate their crowns in November 1918 following Germany's defeat in World War I. As a descendant of Queen Victoria, she was, at birth, 34th in the line of succession to the British throne.
She married Prince Paul of Greece, her first cousin once removed, in Athens on 9 January 1938. They had three children, including the future Queen Sofia of Spain and the future King Constantine II.
Frederica died, aged 63, on 6 February 1981 in exile in Madrid during ophthalmic surgery.
- parent->child relationship with Irene, Princess of Greece and Denmark (born 11 May 1942)
- parent->child relationship with Konstantinos II, King of Greece (born 2 June 1940)
- parent->child relationship with Sofía, Queen Consort of Spain (born 2 November 1938)
- child->parent relationship with Ernst August, Duke of Brunswick (born 17 November 1887)
- child->parent relationship with Viktoria Luise, Princess of Prussia (born 13 September 1892)
- spouse relationship with Pávlos, King of Greece (born 14 December 1901). Notes: 1938-1964
- sibling relationship with Ernst August, Prince of Hanover (1914) (born 18 March 1914)
- sibling relationship with Georg Wilhelm, Prince of Hanover (1915) (born 25 March 1915)
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Berliner Volkszeitung," 18 April 1917, p. 3: "Herzogin Viktoria Luise von Braunschweig ist heute nacht ½2 Uhr von einer gesunden Prinzessin glücklich entbunden worden." (Duchess Victoria Luise of Brunswick has been happily delivered of a healthy princess tonight at half-before-two [1:30] o'clock).
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Hanover)