Franz Joseph I, Emperor of Austria
|born on||18 August 1830 at 09:23 (= 09:23 AM )|
|Place||Vienna, Austria, 48n13, 16e20|
|Timezone||LMT m16e20 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||24°50' 23°02 Asc. 12°25'|
Austrian royalty, the ruler of Austria from 1848, a year of national revolutions. He remained popular with the people throughout his 68-year reign. He married Elizabeth of Bavaria on 24 April 1854, a love match that grew cold due to his numerous affairs.
Their only son, Crown Prince Rudolph, committed suicide in a shocking scandal on 31 January 1889. Elizabeth was stabbed to death by an assassin on 10 September 1898.
Franz Joseph died on 21 November 1916 in Vienna, Austria, at 21:05 (9:05 PM), from pneumonia.
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Wilson, Woodrow (born 29 December 1856)
- parent->child relationship with Gisela, Archduchess of Austria (born 12 July 1856)
- parent->child relationship with Marie Valerie, Archduchess of Austria (born 22 April 1868)
- parent->child relationship with Rudolf, Crown Prince of Austria (born 21 August 1858)
- parent->child relationship with Sophie, Archduchess of Austria (born 5 March 1855)
- child->parent relationship with Franz Karl, Archduke of Austria (born 7 December 1802)
- child->parent relationship with Sophie Friederike, Princess of Bavaria (born 27 January 1805)
- spouse relationship with Elisabeth, Empress of Austria (born 24 December 1837). Notes: Bitter very
- sibling relationship with Karl Ludwig, Archduke of Austria (born 30 July 1833)
- sibling relationship with Karolina, Archduchess of Austria (born 27 October 1835)
- sibling relationship with Ludwig Viktor, Archduke of Austria (born 15 May 1842)
- sibling relationship with Maximilian, Emperor of Mexico (born 6 July 1832)
- other kin relationship with Karl I, Emperor of Austria (born 17 August 1887). Notes: Uncle
- compare to chart of Historic: Suez Canal Opening (born 17 November 1869). Notes: guest at opening ceremony
Luc de Marre quotes official Gavotte Wiener Zeitung for 9:15 AM (Sabian Symbols No.351 gives 3:25 AM. Bailey castigated Friedjung in AQ Summer/1950 for erroneously quoting Modern Astrology 7/1910 for 8:23 AM when the time from official records was 9:15 AM.)
Sy Scholfield quotes 9:45am in "Elisabeth von Preussen: Königin in der Zeit des AusMÄRZens" by Dorothea Minkels (BoD – Books on Demand, 2007), p. 216: "Als Fritz ihren Brief mit der Nachricht erhalten hatte, dass Sophie am 18. August 1830 um 9 Uhr 45 im Schloss Schönbrunn ihrem ersten Sohn Franz Joseph das Leben geschenkt hatte, schrieb er an Elise: 'Ich küsse Dir Geliebte in treuer Dankbarkeit den lieben holden Mund und die göttlichen Augen, für den ... Brief vom Sonntag .... könnte ich zu Dir nach Rügen ...'" In a footnote the source book is given as "Anarchie und guter Wille: Friedrich Wilhelm IV. und die preußische Monarchie" by David E. Barclay (Siedler, 1995).
On 15 Feb. 2017, Scholfield changed the time from 9:15 AM to to 9:23 AM (and changed the rating from AA to A), having forwarded news report from "Bote für Tirol," 26 Aug. 1830, p. 1: "Wien, den 18. Aug. Ihre kaiserl. Hoheit die Frau Erzherzogin Sophie, Gemahlin Sr. kaiserl. Hoheit des durchlauchtigsten Erzherzogs Franz Karl, sind heute Vormittags um 9 Uhr 23 Minuten in dem k. k. Lustschlosse Schönbrunn glücklich von einem Erzherzoge entbunden worden." (Vienna, 18 Aug. Her Highness Archduchess Sophie, consort of His Highness the most illustrious Archduke Franz Karl, was happily delivered of an archduke this morning at 9:23 o'clock in the Schönbrunn Imperial Palace).
Scholfield also forwarded news report stating 9:15 AM (but not quoting official records) from "Wiener Zeitung," 19 Aug. 1830, p. 1: "Wien. Ihre käiserl. Hoheit des durchlauchtigen Fkäu Erzherzöginn Sophie, Gemahlinn Sr. kaiserl. Hoheit des durchlauchtigen Herrn Erzherzogs Franz Carl, sind gestern den 18ten d.M. um ein Viertel näch neun Uhr, Vormittags in dem k. k. Lustschiosse Schonbrunn, welches Höchstdieselben be wohnen, von einent Erzherzoge glücklich entbunden worden, und besinden sich sammt dem neugebornen Erzherzoge, mit Atücksicht auf die Umstände, bey erwünschtem Wohlseyn. Die feherliche Taufe des neugebornen Erzherzogs wird heute, am 19. d. M., MittägS um 12 Uhr, in Schönbrunn Statt haben, und unmittelbar daräusCercle gehalten werden." (Vienna. Her Highness the illustrious Archduchess Sophie, consort of His Highness the Emperor-Archduke Franz Carl, yesterday 18th of this month at a quarter past nine o'clock in the morning, at Schonbrunn, was happily deliverd of an archduke. The baptism of the new-born Archduke will take place today in Schonbrunn, the 19th, at midday).
Death time from mik who quotes "Die Habsburger Chronik" by Wilhelm Knappich and Urania 3:Otto Rumburg, Schicksalstage eines Kaisers.
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Son suicide 1889)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Extramarital affairs (Many)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Traumatic event (Wife assassinated)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 86)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Austria)