Franz Joseph, Duke in Bavaria
|Birthname||Franz Joseph Michael Karl ...|
|born on||23 March 1888 at 03:00 (= 03:00 AM )|
|Place||Tegernsee, Germany, 47n43, 11e45|
|Timezone||LMT m11e45 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||02°54' 29°00 Asc. 17°45'|
Duke in Bavaria and member of the House of Wittelsbach. Franz Joseph was the tenth and youngest child of Duke Carl-Theodor in Bavaria and his wife Infanta Maria Josepha of Portugal. Franz Joseph was the brother of Duke Ludwig Wilhelm in Bavaria and sisters Duchess Amalie in Bavaria, Duchess Sophie Adelheid in Bavaria, Duchess Elisabeth in Bavaria and Duchess Marie Gabrielle in Bavaria.
The Duke was a first lieutenant in Kaiser Wilhelm’s own regiment of Uhlans, and a special instructor in the royal military riding academy in Munich. His horsemanship won him many prizes in German riding competitions.
Franz Joseph died of polio on 23 March 1912, aged 24, the very same year as his sisters Marie Gabrielle and Amélie, which made this year quite an "annus horribilis" for the Wittelsbach family.
Full German name: Franz Joseph Michael Karl Maria Evaristus Quirinus Ottokar.
- child->parent relationship with Carl Theodor, Duke in Bavaria (born 9 August 1839)
- sibling relationship with Amalie, Duchess in Bavaria (born 24 December 1865). Notes: Half-siblings
- sibling relationship with Elisabeth, Queen of Belgium (born 25 July 1876)
- sibling relationship with Ludwig Wilhelm, Duke in Bavaria (1884) (born 17 January 1884)
- sibling relationship with Marie Gabriele, Duchess in Bavaria (born 9 October 1878)
- sibling relationship with Sophie Adelheid, Duchess in Bavaria (born 22 February 1875)
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Hamburger Nachrichten," 25 March 1888: "Aus München, den 23. Mär., meldet die dortige „Allg. Z": Frau Herzogin Karl Theodor zu Bayern ist im Schloss zu Tegernsee heute Morgen drei Uhr eines Prinzen glücklich genesen." [From Munich, 23 March, the "Allg. Z", reports: The Duchess Karl Theodor of Bavaria in the castle at Tegernsee this morning at three o'clock was happily delivered of a Prince].
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Polio
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (Never)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Polio)
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs (Age 24)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher
- Vocation : Military : Military career
- Vocation : Sports : Equestrian
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Wittelsbach)