Franck, César Auguste
|Birthname||Franck, Cesar Auguste Jean Guillaume Hubert|
|born on||10 December 1822 at 07:00 (= 07:00 AM )|
|Place||Liège, Belgium, 50n38, 5e34|
|Timezone||LMT m5e34 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||17°43' 12°00 Asc. 06°40'|
Belgian-French organist and composer; professor of organ at the Paris Conservatory in 1872. He wrote romantic, expansive music with chromatic harmonies and restless modulation. He was the organist for Ste. Clotilde from 1858 until his death. Even though he didn't receive much recognition as a composer, his teaching methods and style were carried on in Schola Cantorum after his death. His works include "Symphony In D Minor" and the "Mass For Three Voices," from which comes the familiar "Panis Angelicus".
Franck was able to become financially independent with his marriage to the daughter of actress Madame Desmousseaux in 1848. He died November 8, 1890 in Paris.
- (has as) student relationship with Castillon, Alexis (born 13 December 1838)
- (has as) student relationship with Duparc, Henri (born 21 January 1848)
- (has as) student relationship with Jaëll, Marie (born 17 August 1846)
- Relationship : Marriage 1848
- Work : New Job 1858 (Organist for Ste. Clotilde)
- Work : New Job 1872 (Taught at the Paris Conservatory)
Gauquelin Vol. 4/1863
Sy Scholfield quotes same data from the book Caesar Franck by Wilhelm Mohr (Hans Schneider, 1969), p. 14: "1822 ... Bald darauf zogen die Eltern um nach der Place Saint-Pierre (heute Rue Saint-Pierre). Hier kam am 10. Dezember desselben Jahres gegen sieben Uhr morgens das zweite Kind zur Welt, das nach dem damaligen Brauch die Vornamen des ersten, verstorbenen, erbte und auf die Namen Cäsar August Johann Wilhelm Hubert getauft wurde."
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Money Through Marriage (Wife's money gave him independence)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger (Composer)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Conductor
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Organ)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Music teacher
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection