|Birthname||Joseph Francis Fortunato|
|born on||28 March 1930 at 01:10 (= 01:10 AM )|
|Place||Mingo Junction, Ohio, 40n19, 80w37|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||06°50' 14°05 Asc. 25°41'|
American football linebacker in the National Football League (NFL) who played 12 seasons for the Chicago Bears (1955–1966). As a linebacker, he made the Pro Bowl five times, and was named to the NFL 300 Greatest Players team. He wore #31 with the Chicago Bears. Fortunato played fullback and linebacker for Mississippi State University, and made All-American in 1951. He is a member of the National Italian American Sports Hall of Fame and the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame. Fortunato made his home in south Mississippi.
He spent two seasons as a coach with the Chicago Bears; 1967 as linebackers coach and 1968 as defensive coordinator.
Fortunato died on 6 November 2017, aged 87.
- associate relationship with Bishop, Bill (born 8 May 1931). Notes: Chicago Bears teammates, 1955–1960
- associate relationship with Bratkowski, Zeke (born 20 October 1931). Notes: Chicago Bears teammates, 1955, 1957-1960, 1966
- associate relationship with Hansen, Wayne (born 6 October 1928). Notes: Chicago Bears teammates, 1955-1958
- associate relationship with Moore, McNeil (born 26 June 1933). Notes: Chicago Bears teammates, 1955-1957
- associate relationship with Strickland, Larry (born 3 September 1931). Notes: Chicago Bears teammates, 1955-1959
Ed Steinbrecher collection: Steinbrecher has birth certificate in hand; Gauquelin Book of American Charts had data in error
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 87)
- Vocation : Sports : Football (American football running back, linebacker)
- Vocation : Sports Business : Coach/ Manager/ Owner (Coach)
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (NFL player, 1955-1966)