|Birthname||David Albert Cook|
|born on||23 July 1947 at 06:05 (= 06:05 AM )|
|Place||West Ham, England, 51n31, 0e01|
|Timezone||GDWT h2e (is double war time)|
|Astrology data||29°29' 07°43 Asc. 27°34'|
British musician, one of Britain's leading rock singers, a teen-age idol of the '70s and a virtual superstar 1973-1975.
He came to prominence in the British stage version of "Godspell," 1971 and then went on to films such as "That'll Be the Day." His LPs include "Gold and Ivory," 1977, "Imperial Wizard," 1979 and "Silver Dream Racer," 1980.
David's mentor/manager died in 1996 and that year, he divorced his wife of nearly 30 years on 12/10/1996, though they had been separated for over 20 years. In May 1997, he began a 50-date tour of Britain.
- lover relationship with Sinitta (born 19 October 1963)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1977 (Album, "Gold and Ivory")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1979 (Album, "Imperial Wizard")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1980 (Album, "Silver Dream Racer")
- Death of Significant person 1996 (Mentor/manager died)
- Relationship : Divorce dates December 1996 (Divorce after 20 years separation)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes his autobiograhy, "A Charmed Life" (London: 2002), p. 1: "I was born just before dawn on 23 July 1947 in a maternity hospital in West Ham, East London, a six-pound four-ounce baby boy, yellow with jaundice and delivered by forceps... [né] David Cook, the only child of Dolly and Albert [Cook]."
Penny Thornton in her "Romancing the Stars" (reference: Frank C. Clifford's "British Entertainers") quotes Essex for the same date and place (Plaistow), and a 6:20 AM time of birth (Ascendant, 0 degrees Leo). However, Scholfield notes that the Times newspaper of that day (23 July 1947, p. 5) lists sunrise at 6.09 AM, suggesting from the statement in his autobiography that Essex may have been born earlier at about 6:05 a.m.
- Vocation : Beauty : Sex-symbol (Teenager idol)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film and stage)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Rock 'n' Roll)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (Superstar for a few years)
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection