Ernst August, Crown Prince of Hanover
|Birthname||Ernst August, Kronprinz von Hannover|
|born on||21 September 1845 at 15:15 (= 3:15 PM )|
|Place||Hannover, Germany, 52n24, 9e44|
|Timezone||LMT m9e44 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||28°26' 07°24 Asc. 15°04'|
Prince of the United Kingdom, the eldest child and only son of George V of Hanover and his wife, Marie of Saxe-Altenburg. Ernst August was deprived of the thrones of Hanover upon its annexation by Prussia in 1866 and later the Duchy of Brunswick in 1884. Although he was the senior male-line great-grandson of George III, the Duke of Cumberland was deprived of his British peerages and honours for having sided with Germany in World War I. Ernst August was the last Hanoverian prince to hold a British royal title and the Order of the Garter. His descendants are in the line of succession to the British throne. He died of a stroke on his estate at Gmunden on 14 November 1923.
- parent->child relationship with Alexandra, Princess of Hanover (1882) (born 29 September 1882)
- parent->child relationship with Christian, Prince of Hanover (born 4 July 1885)
- parent->child relationship with Ernst August, Duke of Brunswick (born 17 November 1887)
- parent->child relationship with Georg Wilhelm, Prince of Hanover (1880) (born 28 October 1880)
- parent->child relationship with Maria-Luise, Princess of Hanover (born 11 October 1879)
- parent->child relationship with Olga, Princess of Hanover (born 11 July 1884)
- child->parent relationship with Georg V, King of Hanover (born 27 May 1819)
- sibling relationship with Frederica, Baroness von Pawel-Rammingen (born 9 January 1848)
- sibling relationship with Marie, Princess of Hanover (born 3 December 1849)
- other kin relationship with Berthold, Margrave of Baden (born 24 February 1906). Notes: Grandkin
- other kin relationship with Marie Alexandra, Princess of Baden (born 1 August 1902). Notes: Grandkin
Sy Scholfield quotes from the German biography "Herzog Ernst August von Cumberland - ein Leben im Exil" in "Welfenbericht: 150 Jahre Familiengeschichte der Herzöge zu Braunschweig und Lüneburg dokumentiert in Photographie und Film" by Peter Steckhan (MatrixMedia, 15 Jun 2008), p. 46: "Im Fürstenhof zu Hannover, am Neustädter Markt, wurde am Sonntag, den 21. September 1845, nachmittags um 15.15 Uhr, der lang erwartete Thronfolger geboren."
Same data in birth report in Frankfurter Ober-Post-Amts-Zeitung (25 September 1845), p. 2606: "21. September, Nachmittags um 3¼ Uhr."
Translation: In Fürstenhof at Hannover, at Neustädter Markt, the long-awaited successor was born on Sunday, 21 September 1845 at 15.15 o'clock in the afternoon.
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Hanover)