Erik, Duke of Västmanland
|Birthname||Erik Gustav Ludvig Albert|
|born on||20 April 1889 at 03:00 (= 03:00 AM )|
|Place||Stockholm, Sweden, 59n20, 18e03|
|Timezone||LST m18e03 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||00°10' 27°07 Asc. 05°56'|
Swedish prince and Duke of Västmanland, as the third and youngest son of King Gustaf V of Sweden and his queen, Victoria of Baden. In 1904, Prince Erik was appointed a Knight of the Norwegian Lion by his paternal grandfather, King Oscar II.
Prince Erik had epilepsy and mild intellectual disability. His exact condition has not been published, but he may have suffered an injury at birth. He was described as handsome and physically healthy.
Because of his condition, he was seldom seen in public and led a quiet life away from the public eye, similar to the life of Prince John of the United Kingdom. Because he was a member of the royal family, he was present in official royal photographs, but he had no official tasks.
He died on 20 September 1918, aged 29, in Drottningholm Palace, Stockholm.
- child->parent relationship with Gustaf V, King of Sweden (born 16 June 1858)
- child->parent relationship with Victoria, Queen Consort of Sweden (born 7 August 1862)
- sibling relationship with Gustaf VI Adolf, King of Sweden (born 11 November 1882)
- sibling relationship with Wilhelm, Duke of Södermanland (born 17 June 1884)
- compare to chart of Hitler, Adolf (born 20 April 1889). Notes: Born on the same date
- compare to chart of John, Prince of England (born 12 July 1905)
Sy Scholfield quotes news report from "Birmingham Daily Post" (Birmingham, England), Monday, 22 April 1889: "A Central News telegram, dated Stockholm, Saturday [20 April], says:-'The Crown Princess of Sweden was safely delivered of a son during last night. Both mother and child are doing well.'"
And from "Hamburger Anzeiger," 24 April 1889, p. 2: "Die Kronprinzessin von Schweden, Sophie Marie Victoria, Tochter des Großherzogs von Baden und der Großherzogin Luise, geborenen Prinzessin von Preußen, ist, wie schon gemeldet, Sonnabend früh von einem Sohne glücklich entbunden worden." (The Crown Princess of Sweden, Sophie Marie Victoria, the daughter of the Grand Duke of Baden, and the Princess of Prussia, Grand-Duchess Luise, was, as already reported, happily delivered of a son on Saturday morning).
A birth time of 3 AM is speculative.
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (Never)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Bernadotte)