Edward VI, King of England
|Birthname||Edward, House of Tudor|
|born on||12 October 1537 Jul.Cal. (22 Oct 1537 greg.) at 01:44 (= 01:44 AM )|
|Place||Hampton Court, England, 51n22, 0w20|
|Timezone||LMT m0w20 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||28°11' 29°17 Asc. 06°01'|
British royalty, the son of Henry VIII and his third wife, Jane Seymour, who died 12 days after Edward's birth. He succeeded his father as king of England and Ireland in 1547, aged 10. During the six years of his reign, the state affairs were handled by his uncle, Edward Seymour. Edward died, aged 15, at about 8:30pm on 6 July 1553 OS, Greenwich, England of consumption or poison, the cause unresolved.
- child->parent relationship with Henry VIII, King of England (born 28 June 1491 Jul.Cal. (7 July 1491 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Elizabeth I, Queen of England (born 7 September 1533 Jul.Cal. (17 Sep 1533 greg.)). Notes: Half-sibling
- sibling relationship with Mary, Queen of England (born 18 February 1516 Jul.Cal. (28 Feb 1516 greg.)). Notes: Half-sibling
- Work : Gain social status 1547 (King of England and Ireland)
- Death, Mysterious 6 July 1553 Jul.Cal. (16 July 1553 greg.) at 8:30 PM in Greenwich (Consumption or poison, age 15)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Steinbrecher quotes a letter from Gerald Heath, Royal Archives, Hampton Court Palace. (October 12, 1537 OS, 2:00 AM LAT)
(Previously, Notable Nativities No.557 has 10/11/1537 OS. Penfield Collection quotes NN for 10/12/1537 OS, 3:30 AM LMT. Dana Holliday quotes Francis Hackett, "Henry VIII" for 2:00 AM. Sibley's Celestial Science of Astrology gives 10/13/1537, 1:51 AM, MC 26Taurus17, Moon 28 Cap49. Cardan gave 1:16 AM.)
(Bill Breeze has 1:34 AM LMT)
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Edward VI: The Lost King of England" by Chris Skidmore (Hachette, 2011): "On Thursday 11 October a solemn procession took place at St Paul's to pray for Jane. At two o'clock in the morning of St Edward's Day, Friday 12 October, Jane gave birth to a healthy child." Skidmore cites "Wriothesley's Chronicle 1, pp. 66-7" as source. This book also states, "between eight and nine o'clock on the evening of 6 July 1553, Edward lay dying."
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (12 days old when mom died)
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs (Age 15)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Tudor, Britain and Ireland)