|born on||1 April 1939 at 07:47 (= 07:47 AM )|
|Place||Charlottesville, Virginia, 38n02, 78w29|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||10°54' 04°59 Asc. 18°57'|
American astrologer, lecturer and author of "Solar Arc Directions: How to Read Life's Roadmap" (2000) and the extensive correspondence course on CD, "Exploring Astrology." She began studying astrology in Patchogue, New York at Lionel Day's American Astrosophical Institute in 1971 and graduated from Gina Ceaglio's Academy of Astrological Studies in San Diego in December 1973. She has attained the fourth level certification of NCGR and holds the CAP ISAR certification, as well. She has lectured for many organizations in the US and most notably for the Association for Research and Enlightenment (ARE) in England (1990) and Sweden (1997). She has also lectured for AFA, SOTA, and the Cosmobiology Foundation conferences--some under the name, Carole DeMott, her first married surname.
She was past secretary of ISAR (1973-74) and on the boards of OPA and AFAN. She twice served as president of the Virginia Astrological Association and held positions in other local organizations, including NCGR chapters. She is particularly proud of "How to Start, Maintain and Expand an Astrological Practice," for which she wrote a chapter, edited all other chapters and produced for OPA as a fund raiser.
She wrote a column, "Life Watch," for three Florida newspapers in the Ft. Myers area in 1993-94 and wrote the daily forecast for The Mountain Astrologer for sixteen months around that same time. She also had a column, "Neptune's Notebook," in a small Virginia Beach periodical in the mid-seventies. She has published numerous articles in astrological magazines and newsletters. Her own, Cosmic Views newsletter has been published as a quarterly (and sometimes monthly) since 1986. Archives can be viewed on her website, www.devineadvantage.com.
Carole is the oldest of four girls, and the mother of four sons. Married fifteen years to Joseph DeMott, a technical writer with the aerospace industry, they divorced in 1974, and from then on she raised her children essentially alone with her full time astrology business. She held some part time jobs occasionally as an insurance investigator before her business had a life of its own--all before 1980.
There was a short second marriage from 1985 to 1988 to Charles Carroll. Because too much humor was associated with the name, Carole Carroll (sometimes she used Carole Devine-Carroll), she simply dropped all previous surnames and legally changed it to her middle name, Devine.
All the while, she went to college classes whenever possible, eventually earning a B.S. in Metaphysics in 2004 from the American Institute of Holistic Theology. She was ordained in 2006 as a Holistic Theologian.
She is currently writing a book, "Star Trek Revealed: The Spiritual Dimension of the Original Series," due to be published by Bruce & Bruce in late 2006 or early 2007.
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1974 (From first husband with four boys to support)
- Relationship : Marriage 1985 (to Charles Carroll)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1988 (from Carroll)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2000 (Book on Solar Arcs)
- Work : Great Achievement 2006 (Ordained as a Holistic Theologian)
Given by her in Mercury Hour Ext 10/l986, B.C. In August 2006, she writes to PT: born Carole Devine Testerman on April 1, 1939 in Charlottesville VA at 7:47 A.M. (birth certificate)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Oldest of four girls)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Hardship - Little money (Raised four sons by herself)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four sons)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Groups (Astrology groups)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Correspondence course)
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer (Pro)
- Vocation : Writers : Astrology
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist