|Birthname||Demy, Jacques Louis Raymond Marcel|
|born on||5 June 1931 at 08:00 (= 08:00 AM )|
|Place||Pontchâteau, France, 47n26, 2w05|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||13°39' 10°44 Asc. 20°03'|
French director whose themes of chance and time illustrate his romantic nature. After art and film studies, he worked as an assistant to an animator in 1950, and to a documentaries in 1954. He directed his first short subject in 1956 and features from 1960 with "Lola." His third film, "The Umbrellas of Cherbourg," 1964, rich in color and design, won the Grand Prize at the Cannes Film Festival. He was always a writer or collaborator on his scripts. He married director Agnes Varda in 1962.
Demy died of a brain hemorrhage brought on by leukemia on 10/27/1990 in Paris, France at age 59.
- associate relationship with Chazelle, Damien (born 19 January 1985)
- associate relationship with Michel, Marc (born 4 December 1932)
- business associate/partner relationship with Coutard, Raoul (born 16 September 1924)
- Work : New Career 1956 (First job as director)
- Relationship : Marriage 1962 (Agnes Varda)
- Work : Prize 1964 (Cannes prize for Umbrellas of Cherbourg)
B.C. in hand from Steinbrecher
Same in Didier Geslain archive, 'Cinema Realisateurs' pdf file, p. 88.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Leukemia, terminal)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Brain (Hemorrhage, terminal)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Director-wife, Agnes Varda)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Worked with a collaborator)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Cannes, grand prize)