Curtis, Jamie Lee
|born on||22 November 1958 at 08:37 (= 08:37 AM )|
|Place||Los Angeles, California, 34n03, 118w15|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||29°53' 19°15 Asc. 25°35'|
American actress and noted family, the daughter of movie stars Tony Curtis and Janet Leigh. She was three when her folks separated and she was raised by her mom and step-father, real estate agent Bob Brandt with love and family values; it was not until her 20s that she became friends with her dad. Though her dad had kids from three different marriages, she said "We're still very much a family" as she mourned the death of her 23-year-old half-brother, Nicholas, who died of a drug overdose on 2 February 1994.
The acting bug hit Jamie in high school but her mom insisted that she first go to college. After one semester in University, Jamie dropped out of school. She had a two-line acting job on TV's "Quincy," 1976. Two years later she became a "Scream Queen" in low budget thrillers. Lean and leggy, she gained her first following in the horror genre playing a plucky young woman as an endangered species in Halowe'en," 1978, and six more screamers. Dubbed the Body after her sexpot roles in "Trading Places" and "Perfect," Curtis then became a comedienne in "A Fish Called Wanda," 1988, and a mother figure in "My Girl" and "Forever Young."
Moving into good roles, Curtis showed her sassy, good-natured and warm side. In 1994 she had a huge hit, "True Lies," playing a mousy housewife who becomes a super-spy.
During her budding years, Jamie admits to experimenting with cocaine but in 1983, decided to clean up her act. Not long after, a picture of musician Christopher Guest in his "Spinal Tap" gear caught her eye. She called his agent and left her number but he never called back. They met by chance two months later at a Los Angeles restaurant and fell in love. They married on 18 December 1984 and adopted their daughter Annie (born December 1986) and son Thomas early in 1996. A totally hands-on mother, Jamie was so overjoyed with motherhood that she wrote a book to applaud the adoption. She has also published two children's books; the third, "Today I Feel Silly" was released October 1998 and earned glowing reviews. Her photography is so good that she could take it up as another profession. Jamie made an effort to slow down after she married, no longer needed the frenetic pace that she once kept. By 2000, she was doing few films and focusing her full attention on writing and the kids.
Her mother Janet Leigh died on 3 October 2004 in Beverly Hills, California.
For her role in the television series Anything But Love (1989–1992), she won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Television Series Musical or Comedy. Curtis starred in the comedy horror series Scream Queens (2015–2016), receiving her sixth Golden Globe nomination in 2015.
- associate relationship with Lohan, Lindsay (born 2 July 1986). Notes: Co-stars in "Freaky Friday"
- associate relationship with Lourd, Billie (born 17 July 1992). Notes: Co-stars in "Scream Queens," 2015-
- friend relationship with Weaver, Sigourney (born 8 October 1949)
- lover relationship with Ant, Adam (born 3 November 1954). Notes: 1983
- child->parent relationship with Curtis, Tony (born 3 June 1925)
- child->parent relationship with Leigh, Janet (born 6 July 1927)
- sibling relationship with Curtis, Alexandra (born 19 July 1964). Notes: Half-sisters
- sibling relationship with Curtis, Allegra (born 11 July 1966). Notes: Half-sisters
- sibling relationship with Curtis, Kelly (born 17 June 1956)
- has other family relationship with Gyllenhaal, Jake (born 19 December 1980). Notes: Godmother/ godson
- Work : Gain social status 1976 (Became a noted actress)
- Relationship : Marriage 1984 (Christopher Guest)
- Family : Adopted a child 1986 (Adopt daughter Annie)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1994 ("True Lies")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released October 1998 (Release of third children's book)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Other Family 6 November 1998 (Attended dad's fifth marriage to Jill Vanden Berg)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
B.C. in hand: LMR quotes Marc Singer for the same data from her.
Sy Scholfield quotes her in "WICKED WHISPER," Daily Mail (London, UK), 25 Nov. 2004, p. 42: "JAMIE LEE CURTIS - who turned 46 on Monday - had a curious birthday ritual with her mother, actress Janet Leigh, who died last month. Says Jamie: 'I was born at 8.37am, and every year I would call her at 8.37am and talk her through the last moments of delivery. I'd say "Janet, push! Just push, Janet!"'"
- Traits : Personality : Loved by all
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Both parents)
- Family : Childhood : Parent, Single or Step (Birth father not a part of her youth, step-dad)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Half-brother died of drug OD)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (Adopted two kids)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Writers : Children's literature
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection