|Birthname||François-René de Chateaubriand|
|born on||4 September 1768 at 00:10 (= 12:10 AM )|
|Place||St.Malo, France, 48n39, 2w01|
|Timezone||LMT m2w01 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||11°54' 16°50 Asc. 13°28'|
French writer and diplomat.
A Viscomte, he escaped the French revolution by sailing to American in 1791, seeking the northwest passage. He later returned to France to become a diplomat under Napoleon I, but resigned in 1804.
He died on 4 July 1848, Paris.
- associate relationship with Louis Joseph, Prince of Condé (born 9 August 1736)
- Family : Change residence 1791 (Sailed to America)
Penfield Collection quotes Friedrich Sieburg, "Chateaubriand," for "the night of September 3/4." LMR quotes "The Memoirs of Chateaubriand," published 1961, for "He was born on 4 September 1768, the last of ten children," but on page 4 of the autobiography he states "This 4 October, my birthday …."
Old-file has September 3, 1768, 11:30 PM, and Americana encyclopedia gives September 4, 1768.
- Vocation : Politics : Diplomat
- Vocation : Travel : Explorer (Sought the Northwest Passage)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction