|Birthname||Belcher, Marjorie Celeste|
|born on||2 September 1919 at 08:35 (= 08:35 AM )|
|Place||Los Angeles CA, USA, 34n04, 118w15|
|Timezone||PWT h7w (is war time)|
|Astrology data||09°06' 09°40 Asc. 05°15'|
American dancer, ballet and ballroom, started at age five by her dad, a Hollywood dance instructor. By the time she was 15 she herself was teaching and had decided on a dance career. She made a brief first marriage before meeting and falling in love with Gower Champion. They married in 1947 for 25 productive years together as the premier dance team of their day. They appeared in night clubs and theaters, on TV, and such MGM moves as "Mr. Music," 1950, "Show Boat," 1951 and "Three For the Show," 1955. They gave their last performance together in 1960 in "Sabrina Fair" in summer stock. The following year they both went into directing. Her debut was outstanding, with her production, "Bye Bye Birdie." Her stage career began to wane in the late '60s and she made only one film, "The Swimmer."
Marge was teaching ballet in Watts at the Majundi Institute as a public service when they separated in 1971. The following year she became involved with the church for the first time since her early youth, and she danced for the Presbyterian Church in Bel Air, California in an effort to rekindle public interest in the church.
Marge lived with their two boys in Beverly Hills. She moved into choreographing films, and in 1976 she won an Emmy for choreographing the TV special "Queen of the Stardust Ballroom." She kept in great shape as she aged, still active in a jazz class.
Champion's ex-husband, Gower, died on 8/25/1980. Just months later, her second husband was killed by walking into the tail rotor of a helicopter. Her son, Blake, was killed in a car accident in 1987.
- spouse relationship with Champion, Gower (born 22 June 1921)
- Relationship : Marriage 1947 (Gower Champion, 25 years)
- Work : Prize 1976 (Emmy)
- Death of Significant person 1980 (Ex-husband Gower died)
- Death of Child 1987 (Son Blake killed in car accident)
B.C. in hand from the Wilsons. Same in Contemporary American Horoscopes. (She told Denise Bell, "Father left for work and was notified of my birth at 8:30 AM".)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Married to Gower for 25 years)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Gower)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed (Second husband killed, Boris Sagal)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (Son killed in car accident)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Partnership with Gower)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Western (Active in her local church)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Night Club/ Vaudeville (Night club and theater act)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Dancer/ Teacher (Pro)
- Vocation : Writers : Poet (Secondary)
- Notable : Awards : Emmy
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women