|born on||23 December 1945 at 23:00 (= 11:00 PM )|
|Place||Castiglion Fiorentino, Italy, 43n20, 11e55|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||01°44' 03°56 Asc. 17°38'|
Italian journalist and entertainer who created the popular TV show "Stranamore" that ran for 11 years. On March 1, 2005 in Rome, Castagna suffered an internal hemorrhage and died. The show was in its twelfth season. The show's run had been interrupted in 1998 because of the host's ill health when he suffered an aortic dissection but had returned to Italian air waves in 2001.
When he began the program in 1994, Castagna's brainchild changed the format of Italian TV. "Stranamore" enjoyed a spectacular 10 million viewers and a 40% market share. He had been a journalist for thirty years and a television host for 15 at the time of his death at age 59.
- spousal equivalent relationship with Rettondini, Francesca (born 18 July 1971)
- Health : Medical diagnosis 1998 (aortic dissection)
Grazia Bordoni quotes birth certificate, DataNotizie #61
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Heart disease/attack
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Vocation : Entertainment : News journalist/ Anchor
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality