|Birthname||David Bruce Cassidy|
|born on||12 April 1950 at 09:55 (= 09:55 AM )|
|Place||New York, New York, 40n43, 74w0|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||22°08' 29°38 Asc. 10°32'|
American singer and actor from a theatrical family, the son of Jack Cassidy and Evelyn Ward who divorced when he was three; his step-mother was Shirley Jones. He was a teen-bopper heartthrob as a star in the TV series "The Partridge Family" 1970-74. He sang his way into fame as a recording artist, selling 20 million records before he was 25 - and over the hill. It was the druggy '60s, and David played the same game as his peers. He was kicked out of three high schools for his wild antics, later looking back at what he called "stupid, adolescent things."
Three years later, Cassidy returned briefly to TV in a series, "Police Story."
In 1976, his dad was killed in a fire. In April 1977, he married actress Kay Lenz for a year. When his series phased out, Cassidy left performing for 15 years of depression and introspection. He made a second failed marriage to horsewoman Meryl Tanz and a third marriage to songwriter Sue Shifrin; their son was born in 1991.
In the early '80s, he began working in regional theater, purposely taking small steps and starting from the beginning to build a foundation. He went back to acting class.
In 1993, he starred with half-brother Shaun Cassidy in the Broadway musical "Blood Brothers."
Cassidy published his memoir in early 1994, "C'Mon, Get Happy: Fear and Loathing in the Partridge Family Business."
Cassidy rode as a kid and in 1973, bought his first horse. Since then, he had bought, sold, bred, schemed, daydreamed and talked about thoroughbreds and racing, not as a gambler but as one who loves his horses.
On February 20, 2017, Cassidy announced that he was living with non-Alzheimer's dementia, the condition that his mother suffered from at the end of her life. He retired from performing in early 2017 when the condition became noticeable during a performance in which he forgot lyrics and otherwise struggled.
On November 18, 2017, it was announced that Cassidy had been hospitalized suffering from liver and kidney failure, and was critically ill in a medically induced coma. He was out of the coma two days later, but remained in critical but stable condition, with doctors hoping to keep him stable until a liver became available for transplant. Cassidy died on November 21, 2017, aged 67.
- business associate/partner relationship with Bonaduce, Danny (born 13 August 1959). Notes: Co-stars on "The Partridge Family"
- business associate/partner relationship with Dey, Susan (born 10 December 1952). Notes: Co-stars on "The Partridge Family"
- child->parent relationship with Jones, Shirley (born 31 March 1934). Notes: Step-mother
- spouse relationship with Lenz, Kay (born 4 March 1953). Notes: Bitter
- sibling relationship with Cassidy, Patrick (born 4 January 1962). Notes: Half-brother
- sibling relationship with Cassidy, Ryan (born 23 February 1966). Notes: Half-brother
- sibling relationship with Cassidy, Shaun (born 27 September 1958). Notes: Half-brother
- Mental Health : Begin Addiction 1973 (Bought his first horse, loves them)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1991 (Son born)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1994 (Autobiography)
- Death by Disease 21 November 2017 at 12:00 noon in Fort Lauderdale (liver and kidney failure)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Robert Jansky quotes a colleague at work from Cassidy
- Traits : Mind : Education limited (Kicked out of three high schools)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Alzheimer's/Senility (dementia)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Liver/Pancreas/Spleen
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Kidney
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Depression (After series ended)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Dad, step-mom)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (TV work with step-brother)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs (Kay Lenz for a year or two)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Lifestyle : Work : Retirement circumstances (15 depressed years before back to work)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Animals, pets (Racehorses)
- Vocation : Beauty : Sex-symbol
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (Teenage)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Regional legitimate theater in the '80s)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (The Partridge Family, Police Story)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book