|Birthname||James Eugene Carrey|
|born on||17 January 1962 at 02:30 (= 02:30 AM )|
|Place||Newmarket, Ontario (CAN), 44n03, 79w28|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||26°43' 17°12 Asc. 15°12'|
Canadian-born actor and stand-up comedian.
The youngest of four children, he got his start doing stand-up comedy in Toronto in 1979. A year later he moved to Los Angeles where he caught the attention of comedian Rodney Dangerfield. Dangerfield signed Carrey on as an opening act for his tour. In 1983 he made his film debut in a bit part of a bit movie.
The later '80s brought his additional roles but it wasn't until "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective" in 1994 that his career in film took off. A more serious movie, "The Truman Show" (1998), earned him a Golden Globe. The following year, he took home another Golden Globe for his portrayal of the troubled comedian Andy Kaufman in the biopic "Man on the Moon." He has since made several films including "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" and "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events" in 2004.
Carrey's name has been romantically linked to several women's, and he has been married twice. He first married Melissa Womer on March 28, 1987 and on September 6, 1987, their daughter Jane Erin Carrey was born. The couple divorced in 1995 and Carrey married Lauren Holly on September 23, 1996. The couple split within a year.
He dated comedienne and former Playboy model Jenny McCarthy from 2005 to 2010.
On 28 September 2015, Carrey's on-off girlfriend, Cathriona White, was found dead from a possibly intentional prescription drug overdose. Carrey served as pallbearer at her funeral which was held on 10 October in Cappawhite, Ireland.
- associate relationship with Diaz, Cameron (born 30 August 1972). Notes: Co-stars in "The Mask"
- lover relationship with McCarthy, Jenny (born 1 November 1972)
- Family : Change residence 1980 (Moved to Los Angeles)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 6 September 1987 (Daughter Jane was born)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1995 (from Melissa Womer)
- Relationship : End significant relationship 1997 (with Lauren Holly)
- Work : Prize 1998 (Golden Globe)
- Work : Prize 1999 (His second Golden Globe)
- Death of Significant person 28 September 2015 in Los Angeles (Cathriona White)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes date and place from various biographical reports and time of birth from him: "I've had this obsession with the number 23, as well as the number 7, for years. I was born at 2:30 a.m. My daughter was born at 12:11, which adds up to 23. It's been all through my life" ("Jim Carrey's 'Fun With Dick & Jane'" by Angela Dawson, Online, 15 December 2005) ; "I was born at 2:30 a.m." ("CAN JIM CARREY TURN IT AROUND?" by Joel Stein, Time, Canadian edition, Vol. 169, Iss. 9, 26 Feb. 2007, pp. 44, 46-47).
- Traits : Personality : Humorous, Witty
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Depression
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (stand-up)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script (Screenwriter)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Two Golden Globes)
- Notable : Awards : Other Awards
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (Hollywood star)