Carol II, King of Romania
|born on||15 October 1893 at 01:45 (= 01:45 AM )|
|Place||Sinaia, Romania, 45n21, 25e33|
|Timezone||LST m26e06 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||21°52' 19°26 Asc. 29°25'|
Romanian royalty, a talented man who had a checkered career. He renounced the succession in December 1925 but was allowed to continue his reign, until he was forced to abdicate and accepted Russia's ultimatum on 27 June 1940.
Known for encouraging writers, musicians and actors, modernizing industry and his love for military pomp, Carol' s reputation was generally blemished for renouncing the throne - twice - for love. Known for his romantic escapades, he was given the nickname of the "playboy king." Carol ruled the country from 1930 to 1940, installing a royal dictatorship in 1938, outlawing all political parties. He abdicated on 5 September 1940 and died on 4 April 1953, Estoril, Portugal and he and his third wife, Elena Lupescu were buried in Portugal. Their bodies were repatriated on 14 February 2003, buried in the Aotthen Romanian town of Curtea de Arges. Elena, his flame-haired mistress, became the king's wife after he abdicated and went into exile, scandalizing Romanians with the liaison at the time. His son, King Michael, did not attend the ceremony.
- parent->child relationship with Michael, King of Romania (born 25 October 1921)
- child->parent relationship with Marie, Queen of Romania (born 29 October 1875)
- spouse relationship with Helen, Princess of Greece and Denmark (born 2 May 1896). Notes: 1921-1953
- sibling relationship with Elisabeta, Queen of the Hellenes (born 11 October 1894)
- sibling relationship with Marija, Queen of Yugoslavia (born 6 January 1900)
- sibling relationship with Nicolae, Prince of Romania (born 5 August 1903 Jul.Cal. (18 Aug 1903 greg.))
- Work : Lose social status 1925 (Renounced succession)
- Death, Cause unspecified 4 April 1953 at 12:00 noon in Estoril, Portugal (Age 60)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Court Circular," The Times (London, England), 16 Oct. 1893, p. 6: "A telegram from Sinaia announces that the Princess of Roumania (Princess Marie) gave birth to a son yesterday morning. The following bulletin has been issued:--'Her Royal Highness the Princess of Roumania was safely delivered of a son at a quarter to 2 this morning...'"
Previously this entry had 12:58am quoting Robson in British Journal of Astrology Mar/1931, from a Romanian correspondent who checked the local papers at the time of Carol's birth." (1:00 AM Bucharest time; rectified by Robson to 1:06 AM LMT.) October 3, 1893 OS. Same in SS No.172, NS date, 1:00 AM.
- Traits : Personality : Creative (Talented)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Extramarital affairs
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Romania)