|Birthname||Belinda Jo Carlisle|
|born on||17 August 1958 at 19:17 (= 7:17 PM )|
|Place||Los Angeles, California, 34n03, 118w15|
|Timezone||PDT h7w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||24°39' 04°53 Asc. 18°59'|
American musician who formed an all-girl group, "The Go-Go's" in California, 1978, with her friend Jane Wiedlin, joined by Charlotte Caffey, Elissa Bello and Margot Olaverra. Inspired by the punk new wave scene, they created bright, infectious, harmony-pop songs, signing to a record label.
When the group broke up, officially on 5/10/1985, Carlisle remained with the IRS label for a solo career. She withdrew from former excesses and recreated herself as the quintessential modern young California female, joining AA to get off booze and working with a trainer to lose 20 lbs. Her debut single was "Mad About You," 1986, and her first album made the charts. After changing record companies, she reached international acclaim, known and respected in her field.
Carlisle, the eldest of seven kids, is a graduate of Newbury Park High in San Fernando Valley in 1976. As a valley girl, she was a cheerleader in high school and joined the New Wave fashion trend after graduation, dying her hair purple and making clothes from plastic trash bags. Hanging out at Hollywood punk clubs, she met her Go-Go sisters and first formed the band "for laughs." "God, there was so much fun," she says, "We were sort of cocky and felt on top of the world." The giddy times gave way to heavy pressure to perform and compete. "We never thought it would end but guess what? It did." In 1985 she met Morgan Mason, the son of James and Pamela Mason, at a restaurant opening and decided right off that he was the one for her. The two eloped to Lake Tahoe and married 4/12/1986.
A California girl, she settled down in France where her husband became head of a TV channel network. Not doing personal appearances, she preferred to devote her time to a family which included, in 1992, son James Duke Mason.
The group got together again in 1998 for a few gigs, then officially reunited in 2000. They had 15 years of friction to work out, such issues as jealousy and too many chemicals. Now more mature, some of them wives and mothers, they aired all their grievances through the electronics of email rather than instrumentals, and by early 2001, once more hit the touring trail. To prove that she's still got the right stuff, Carlisle will bare all for Playboy's August issue, the 42-year-old revealed on 5/16/2001.
Her autobiography, Lips Unsealed, published in June 2010, was a New York Times Best Seller and received favorable reviews. On August 11, 2011, she received, as a member of the Go-Go's, a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- business associate/partner relationship with Caffey, Charlotte (born 21 October 1953). Notes: Band mates in The Go-Gos
- business associate/partner relationship with Wiedlin, Jane (born 20 May 1958). Notes: Band mates in The Go-Gos
- Social : Joined group 1978 (Formed musical group, "The Go-Go's")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1986 (Album, "Mad About You")
- Health : Change in Appearance 1986 (Got clean and dry, lost 20 lbs.)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1987 (Platinum solo album)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1992 (Son James Duke born)
- Social : Joined group 2000 (Go-Go's reunited)
B.C. in hand from Frank C. Clifford
- Traits : Body : Aerobic exercise (Worked with a trainer)
- Traits : Body : Diet unusual (vegetarian)
- Traits : Personality : Attention seeking (Dyed hair purple, major hippie)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (First of seven)
- Family : Childhood : Parent, Single or Step (stepfather)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (one son)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Homosexual
- Lifestyle : Work : Retirement circumstances (Left the group, married and child)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work alone/ Singular role (solo music career)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Music group)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Travel (moved to France)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (U.S. to England to France)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : 12 step group (Joined AA)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Eastern (Buddhist)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (tours and performances)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (The Go-Go's)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (drums, guitar)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women