|Birthname||Kathleen Sue Nail|
|born on||3 November 1953 at 22:00 (= 10:00 PM )|
|Place||Fort Worth, Texas, 32n44, 97w19|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||11°27' 12°56 Asc. 19°18'|
American actress in TV and films. Her roles have customarily been of down-home American women, but her career took off in 1984 after "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom," and "Black Rain," 1989. She did "Just Cause" and "How to Make an American Quilt" in 1995.
Capshaw was involved in theater from grade school, and won a high school Oscar for her performance as Annie Sullivan in her high school production of "The Miracle Worker". During college, she stressed academics and loved studying education, but she felt a need to teach. She earned a masters in special education at the University of Missouri, and taught for the two following years. She married Robert Capshaw, a high school principal, who was eight years her senior, l976-80. Capshaw gave birth to her first daughter, Jessica, a year later. Her relationship was beginning to founder, although she liked children, she did not find teaching very satisfying. Capshaw felt a change of scenery might improve life, so they moved to New York with their one-year old daughter.
After moving to the "Big Apple", she signed a contract with the Ford Model agency, and a year later, she and her husband divorced. In 1981, she read a small part and won the lead in the film "A Little Sex." She met Armyan Bernstein on a movie set, and they began a four-year relationship, moving to California with Jessica.
In 1984, she was given the lead part in "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom." During the next several years, Capshaw and Steven Spielberg became companions, living together in 1989 after he and Amy Irving separated. They adopted a boy named Theo, 1990, and bore their daughter Sasha in May of 1990. They were finally married on 12/12/1991, each with a child from prior marriages. The next year she gave birth to their second daughter, Sawyer. Capshaw converted to Judaism along with the younger children, but Jessica remains a Christian.
They adopted daughters Mikaela George, 2/28/1996, and Destiny Allyn, 12/01/1996. Capshaw resides near the ocean in Pacific Palisades, and spends the summers in their home in East Hampton.
- parent->child relationship with Spielberg, Sasha (born 14 May 1990)
- parent->child relationship with Spielberg, Sawyer (born 10 March 1992)
- spouse relationship with Spielberg, Steven (born 18 December 1946)
- Work : Gain social status 1984 (Her career took off)
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship 1989 (Steven Spielberg)
Frederick Davies in "Signs of the Stars."
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Steven Spielberg)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (Two adopted daughters)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Five)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Money Through Marriage
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Conversion/ Born again (Converted to Judaism)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (TV and films)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women