|Birthname||Peter Edward Clarke|
|born on||21 August 1957 at 11:00 (= 11:00 AM )|
|Place||St.Helens, England, 53n28, 2w44|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||28°04' 01°51 Asc. 18°21'|
English drummer, whose style and approach have been described as "tom-tom-intensive," "very economical and offbeat" and "very sensitive."
His first recording was with The Slits in 1979. He then became the drummer of the influential band Siouxsie and the Banshees (1979–1996) and the drum and voice duo The Creatures (1981–2004). Budgie has also collaborated with other musicians including John Cale and Leonard Eto (formerly of the Kodo Drummers).
In 2013, Spin rated him at No. 28 in their list of "The 100 Greatest Drummers of Alternative Music."
- associate relationship with Severin, Steven (born 25 September 1955). Notes: Band member of Siouxsie and the Banshees
- associate relationship with Sioux, Siouxsie (born 27 May 1957). Notes: Band member of Siouxsie and the Banshees
- business associate/partner relationship with Smith, Robert (born 21 April 1959). Notes: Members of Siouxsie and the Banshees, 1979
Sy Scholfield quotes him in an online interview giving Siouxsie Sioux's and his own data: "Siouxsie: 27.05.57 - 21.12 hrs - London UK. Budgie: 21.08.57 - 11.00 hrs - St Helens UK." .
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (The Slits, Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Creatures)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Percussion, drums, guitars, keyboards)