Blanc, Pierre (1872)
|born on||6 June 1872 at 21:00 (= 9:00 PM )|
|Place||Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 49n36, 6e09|
|Timezone||LMT m6e09 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||16°21' 24°18 Asc. 29°55'|
Luxembourgish painter, draughtsman, cofounder of the Cercle artistique de Luxembourg (CAL) with François Heldenstein and Michel Engels, and president of the CAL from 1906 to 1910 and from 1920 to 1927.
He specialised in portraits but also painted landscapes, and created map and book illustrations, along with designs of stamps, medals and banknotes.
He died on 30 March 1946, aged 73.
- associate relationship with Engels, Michel (born 8 July 1851). Notes: Cofounders of CAL
- associate relationship with Heldenstein, François (born 1 February 1820). Notes: Cofounders of CAL
- associate relationship with Knepper, Jean-Pierre (born 8 May 1851). Notes: Founding members of CAL
- associate relationship with Weber, Batty (born 25 November 1860). Notes: Founding members of CAL
- associate relationship with Wercollier, Jean-Baptiste (born 28 June 1868). Notes: Cofounders of CAL
- associate relationship with Werveke, Auguste van (born 2 August 1866). Notes: Cofounders of CAL
Birth certificate (acte n° 208) provided by Sy Scholfield.
- Vocation : Art : Commercial artist (Draughtsman, illustrator, designer)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter)
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Cofounder of CAL)