|Birthname||Léontine Ernestine Gauché|
|born on||6 June 1878 at 11:00 (= 11:00 AM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||LMT m2e20 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||15°33' 23°09 Asc. 08°00'|
French film actress who appeared in several silent films made by Georges Méliès around the turn of the 20th century. The earliest films, made before 1900, were usually without plot and had a runtime of just a few minutes. However, Méliès evolved the genre of the fictional motion picture, and Bernon became one of the earliest character actors in movies. In 1899, she played the title character in Méliès's Jeanne d'Arc (released in 1900), and Cinderella in Cendrillon. In 1901, she appeared in Barbe-bleue. In 1902 she appeared in a minor role in Le Voyage dans la Lune (A Trip to the Moon), which is the best known film of Méliès, as one "lady in the Moon". Her date of death is unknown.
- business associate/partner relationship with Méliès, Georges (born 8 December 1861)
- role played of/by Joan of Arc (born 6 January 1413 Jul.Cal. (15 Jan 1413 greg.)). Notes: Bernon played Joan in 1899 silent film, "Jeanne d'Arc
Birth certificate quoted in Michaël Mandl's CINÉMA MUET collection (copy on file from Paris archives, 14th arr., no. 2059, data for second marriage in margin).
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Silent films)