Bernhard II, Duke of Saxe-Meiningen
|Birthname||Bernhard II Erich Freund|
|born on||17 December 1800 at 05:00 (= 05:00 AM )|
|Place||Meiningen, Germany, 50n34, 10e25|
|Timezone||LMT m10e25 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||25°05' 08°23 Asc. 20°03'|
German nobleman, a Duke of Saxe-Meiningen. He was the only son of Georg I Frederick Karl, Duke of Saxe-Meiningen and Luise Eleonore of Hohenlohe-Langenburg. Bernhard was a younger brother of Queen Adelaide of the United Kingdom and Ida, Princess Bernhard of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach. Bernhard succeeded his father when he was only three years old (1803); because of this, his mother, the Dowager Duchess Luise Eleonore, acted as regent on behalf of her son until he reached adulthood, in 1821. In Kassel on 23 March 1825, Bernhard II married Princess Marie Frederica of Hesse-Kassel (or Hesse-Cassel). They had two children. He died 3 December 1882 in Meiningen.
- parent->child relationship with Georg II, Duke of Saxe-Meiningen (born 2 April 1826)
- spouse relationship with Marie Friederike, Princess of Hesse-Kassel (born 6 September 1804). Notes: 1825-1882
- sibling relationship with Adelaide, Queen Consort of the United Kingdom (born 13 August 1792)
- sibling relationship with Ida, Princess of Saxe-Meiningen (born 25 June 1794)
Sy Scholfield quotes "Chronik der Stadt Meiningen von 1676 bis 1834, Volume 1" by Hennebergischer altertumsforschender Verein (F. Keyssner, 1834), p. 150: "1800... Am 17. Dec. verkündigten früh um 5 Uhr 72 Kanonenschüsse die Geburt des Erbprinzen."
Translation: In 1800... on 17 Dec. at 5 o'clock in the morning 72 cannonshots proclaimed the birth of the Prince.
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Saxe-Meiningen)