|born on||27 May 1867 at 10:30 (= 10:30 AM )|
|Place||Hanley, England, 53n00, 2w10|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||05°38' 13°58 Asc. 25°28'|
British novelist, journalist and screenwriter with an immense output. He also wrote successfully for the stage and cinema; his works included "The Grand Babylon Hotel," 1902 and "Imperial Hotel," 1930. Another of his works included the "Clayhanger" trilogy, 1910-1916. A realist, he had a lifelong admiration for the up-to-date and convenient. He examined ways in which conflict is experienced between social values and individual transgressive impulse.
His estranged wife, Marguerite, refused him a divorce and he lived with Dorothy Cheston, the mother of his only child, from 1923.
Bennett contracted typhoid fever in Paris in January 1931. He went to his bed for the final time on 2/03/1931 when the diagnosis was made. He suffered for three weeks, with gall bladder infection and toxemia, racked with hiccups, and died on 3/27/1931, London, England.
- associate relationship with Sassoon, Siegfried (born 8 September 1886)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1902 (The Grand Babylon Hotel)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1902 (Published "The Grand Babylon Hotel")
- Work : Begin Major Project 1910 (Began "Clayhanger," six years)
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship 1923 (Mistress Dorothy Cheston, eight years)
Paul Wright quotes Reginald Pound, "Arnold Bennett," 1952, family bible. Sabian Symbols No.85 gives 9:36 AM
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Other Major diseases (Typhoid Fever, terminal)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Liver/Pancreas/Spleen (Gall bladder infection)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Circulatory problems (Toxemia, terminal)
- Family : Relationship : Cohabitation more than 3 yrs (Eight years)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One, estranged)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One)
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection