|born on||8 April 1915 at 12:00 (= 12:00 noon )|
|Place||Bay City MI, USA, 43n35, 83w53|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||17°49' 11°35 Asc. 07°57'|
American pilot and World War II veteran; entrepreneurial founder of Avis car rental business.
Warren Avis founded the Avis Airport Rent-A-Car and Hotel Reservations company in 1946 in Detroit, Michigan based on his observation that there was no method of efficient transportation from airports to cities. He quickly dropped the hotel reservations due to lack of interest and within a few years dropped the ‘airport’ from the name to become Avis Rent A Car. The company grew into a franchise network car rental locations internationally, of which about 80 percent are at airports. He sold the company in 1954 for $7.5 million. He now runs Avis Enterprises Inc., and has been a venture capital ‘Angel’ since 1981. Warren Avis was inducted into the Automotive Hall of Fame on October 17, 2000.
- Work : Start Business 1946 (Avis Airport Rent-A-Car)
- Financial : Gain significant money 1954 (Sold company for $7.5 million)
Lynn Palmer quotes him.
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur (Avis Rent-a-Car franchises)
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame (Automobile Hall of Fame)
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (First rent-a-car business)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy
- Traits : Personality : Ambitious
- Traits : Personality : Hard worker