|born on||10 February 1951 at 12:00 (= 12:00 noon )|
|Place||Asmara, Eritrea, 15n20, 38e53|
|Timezone||MSK h3e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||20°49' 11°28 Asc. 21°04'|
Eritrean-Italian actress and film producer.
Araya became Miss Eritrea in 1969. On a journey to Italy in 1972, she recorded a commercial for coffee, and was discovered by the director Luigi Scattini, who cast her with Beba Lončar in "La ragazza dalla pelle di luna" shot in the Seychelles. In 1973, songs composed by Piero Umiliani she sang in the score of another Scattini film where she played the lead role (La ragazza fuoristrada) were released on a 45 rpm record. From 1973 to 1975, several roles in erotic-themed movies followed, most of them directed by Scattini. In 1976, she appeared with Paolo Villaggio in the Fantozzi-style comedy "Il signor Robinson" by Sergio Corbucci. She also appeared in the Italian version of Playboy magazine in February 1977.
Her last prominent appearance was in the epic "Hearts and Armour" (1983). Araya subsequently withdrew from acting, and has since then been producing movies.
She was married to film producer Franco Cristaldi from 1984 until his death in 1992. Araya now lives with the director Massimo Spano, with whom she has a son.
- spouse relationship with Cristaldi, Franco (born 3 October 1924)
- Work : Prize 1969 (Miss Eritrea)
Grazia Bordoni database, 'entertainment' file, p. 6.
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One son)
- Vocation : Beauty : Beauty Queen/ King (Miss Eritrea)
- Vocation : Beauty : Model
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Film producer)
- Vocation : Sex Business : Porno Market (Star of erotic films)