Andrej, Prince of Yugoslavia
|born on||28 June 1929 at 23:40 (= 11:40 PM )|
|Place||Bled, Slovenia, 46n22, 14e06|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||06°42' 22°10 Asc. 01°16'|
Yugoslavian prince as the youngest child of King Alexander I of Yugoslavia (1888–1934) and Maria of Yugoslavia (1900–1961), daughter of King Ferdinand of Romania (1865–1927) and Marie of Edinburgh (1875–1938).
After the fall of the monarchy in Yugoslavia, he went into exile in London, where, after graduating in mathematics from Clare College, Cambridge University, he became an insurance broker.
On 2 August 1956, he married his third cousin-once-removed Princess Christina Margarethe of Hesse in Kronberg im Taunus, Germany. They had two children before divorcing in London on 31 May 1962.
On 18 September 1963, he married his second cousin Princess Kira of Leiningen. They had three children before divorcing in Frankfurt am Main on 10 July 1972.
Andrej married Eva Maria Andjelkovich on 30 March 1974 in Palm Springs, California, USA. The couple had no issue.
He was found dead in his car in Irvine, California, on 7 May 1990. The death was determined to be suicide by carbon monoxide.
- child->parent relationship with Alexander I, King of Yugoslavia (born 17 December 1888)
- child->parent relationship with Marija, Queen of Yugoslavia (born 6 January 1900)
- sibling relationship with Peter II, King of Yugoslavia (born 6 September 1923)
- sibling relationship with Tomislav, Prince of Yugoslavia (born 19 January 1928)
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "(Linzer) Tages-Post," 2 July 1929, p. 10: "Veldes. 1. Juli. (Avala.) Königin Maria von Jugoslawien ist Freitag um 11 Uhr 40 Minuten nachts von einem gesunden Knaben entbunden worden."
(Bled. July 1. (Avala.) Queen Maria of Yugoslavia was delivered of a healthy boy on Friday at 11:40 o'clock at night).
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Five)
- Personal : Death : Suicide
- Vocation : Business : Insurance fields (Broker)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Karađorđević dynasty)