Amélia, Queen of Portugal
|Birthname||Maria Amélia Luísa Helena|
|born on||28 September 1865 at 07:09 (= 07:09 AM )|
|Place||Twickenham, England, 51n27, 0w20|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||05°10' 07°19 Asc. 16°54'|
Last Queen consort of Portugal, as the monarchy has never been restored. Known to her husband's subjects as "Maria Amélia de Orleães", she was the eldest daughter of Prince Philippe, Count of Paris, and his wife, Princess Marie Isabelle d'Orléans, and therefore a "Princess of Orléans" by birth.
On 22 May 1886, Amélie married Carlos, Prince Royal of Portugal. He was the eldest son of King Luís I of Portugal and Maria Pia of Savoy. He was at the time the heir apparent to the throne.
They had three children: Luís Filipe, Duke of Braganza (21 March 1887 – 1 February 1908), Infanta Maria Anna of Portugal (born and deceased on 14 December 1887), and Manuel II of Portugal (15 November 1889 – 2 July 1932).
On 1 February 1908, Carlos and Luis were assassinated. The next day, Manuel was acclaimed king of Portugal, the last of the Braganza dynasty.
Manuel II of Portugal was deposed by a military coup, later known as the 5 October 1910 revolution, which resulted in the establishment of the Portuguese First Republic.
Amelia died on 25 October 1951, aged 86, in Le Chesnay, France.
- parent->child relationship with Luís Filipe, Prince Royal of Portugal (born 21 March 1887)
- parent->child relationship with Manuel II, King of Portugal (born 15 November 1889)
- child->parent relationship with de Orléans, Maria Isabel (born 21 September 1848)
- child->parent relationship with Philippe, Count of Paris (born 24 August 1838)
- spouse relationship with Carlos I, King of Portugal (born 28 September 1863). Notes: 1886-1908
- sibling relationship with Ferdinand d'Orléans, Duke of Montpensier (born 9 September 1884)
- sibling relationship with Hélène, Duchess of Aosta (born 13 June 1871)
- sibling relationship with Isabelle, Princess of Orléans (1878) (born 7 May 1878)
- sibling relationship with Philippe, Duke of Orléans (born 6 February 1869)
- compare to chart of Nation: Portugal (Proclamation of Republic 1910) (born 5 October 1910). Notes: Last Queen consort; mother of Manuel II
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Accouchement Of Her Royal Highness The Countess De Paris," The Times (London, England), 29 Sep. 1865, p. 6: "yesterday ... safely delivered of a Princess at 9 minutes past 7 o'clock this morning, at York-house, Twickenham."
Sabian Symbols No.34 has 7:05am.
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Three)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 86)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Orléans, Portugal)