|Birthname||Pedro Almodóvar Caballero|
|born on||24 September 1951 at 22:00 (= 10:00 PM )|
|Place||Ciudad Real, Spain, 38n59, 3w56|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||01°00' 19°30 Asc. 04°00'|
|Date||24 September 1949 at 22:00 (= 10:00 PM )|
|Place||Ciudad Real, SPAIN, 38n59, 3w56|
|Timezone||MEDT h2e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||01°26' 04°09 Asc. 15°47'|
Spanish filmmaker, a director, screenwriter, composer and actor, a leading figure in the new Spanish cinema. Formerly a telephone company employee and a contributor to underground magazines and comic books, he began dabbling in amateur filmmaking in 1974. His first film, "Dos Putas" was shot in 8-millemeter.
His following work included acting in avant-garde plays, singing with a rock band, and publishing the "confessions" of fictional porn star Patty Diphusa.
By the late '80s, he was established as one of Spain's internally best known and most admired directors with work that included "Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown," 1988 and "Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!" 1990. After 13 features, his 1999 release was "All About My Mother," a film regarded as more consistent and mature.
Openly gay, an enchanting chatterbox with electrified hair, he often creates characters who are homosexual or bisexual, as well as taking great zest in challenging Spain's political correct stance. Writing his own off-beat scripts, he is his most effective with caustic, irreverent, shocking comedy.
In mid-March 2004, the Spanish director received some unwanted publicity after he said that Spain’s outgoing Popular Party tried to hatch a coup the day before its defeat in the March 14th election. The party denied the charge and declared they would take legal action against the director. Almodóvar says he "just echoed a sea of rumors" that claimed the party would try to postpone the elections in the wake of the Madrid bombings.
- associate relationship with Abril, Victoria (born 4 July 1959)
- business associate/partner relationship with Maura, Carmen (born 15 September 1945)
- friend relationship with Cruz, Penélope (born 28 April 1974). Notes: Cruz played leading roles in several of his films
- (has as) worker relationship with Garouste, Elisabeth (born 17 July 1946)
- compare to chart of Vargas, Chavela (born 17 April 1919)
- Work : New Career 1974 (began filmmaking)
Original record gave September 24, 1951 at 22:00 hours, rated A (from memory) giving the following source notes: "Joan Ferrater quotes his mom in Mercurio-3 4/l991, Calzada de Calatrava. La Mancha given in Katz Film book." However, in October 2009 this record was changed to DD based on conflicting information. An article by Josep Sandoval found online at Lavanguardia.es by an astro.com member suggests that Almodovar took two years off his birth year and that confusion about his birth date stems from his birth certificate: Pedro Mercedes Almodóvar Caballero llegó al mundo en 1949, en el número 38 de la calle Urbano Morales. La hora del alumbramiento es una incógnita: extrañamente está escrita en letra y no en números como es habitual. Y señalan que nació en la hora veintinueve del día 25. Tal vez por lo extraño e inusual de la hora inscribieron el día 25 en lugar del 24." (from http://www.lavanguardia.es/gente-y-tv/noticias/20090924/53790743215/pedro-almodovar-cumple-60-anos-aunque-dice-tener-58-almodovar-pedro-almodovar-cannes-oscar-bruce-spr.html). While Almodovar has been quoted as saying he was born "in the 1950s," (for example, in Frederic Strauss's book, "Almodovar on Almodovar" ), Marvin D'Lugo's biography "Pedro Almodovar" (p. 12) provides September 25, 1949 as his birth date.
- Traits : Personality : Attention seeking (Off-beat, takes a contrary stance)
- Traits : Personality : Eccentric (Challenges conventional mores)
- Traits : Personality : Talkative
- Passions : Sexuality : Homosexual male (Openly gay)
- Vocation : Art : Cartoonist (Comic book illustrator in youth)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director (Noted)
- Vocation : Writers : Erotic (Wrote porn)
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script